2016 Fuji SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prebsy

by prebsy

New Frame from Fuji just dropped at midnight. If this is just an super light altamira than it's going to be one sweet ride! Nothing seems to be groundbreaking but I'm sure the MSRP will be impressively low. Also fuji seems to be moving from bb86 to PF30 as their standard. 695g claimed for but the 1.1 frame here is listed at 740g, possibly 695 is without hanger, seatpost clamp, etc.

http://www.fujibikes.com/sl/

andylav

by andylav

Some more details and UK pricing for complete bikes (frameset only options would be attractive) here:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ana-187781

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

1900US for a 740gm frameset very NICE... emondas/evo's cost thousands more.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

53x12

by 53x12

I don't want to get ahead of myself before I get to read some reviews and test ride one, but that is a lot of bike for the money. Especially if looking for a WW type build. Throw on your favorite groupset, some nice carbon tubulars and that is a solid build.

Like spartan mentioned, you'd be paying thousands less than the Evo/Emonda/R5/Tarmac type frames. If everything else on the SL is up to par, not bad at all. Not to mention, with Performance Bikes you can usually get some decent deals/coupons that you might be able to use (like those 15% and 20% coupons).
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Never ridden a Fuji. Comments in terms of geometry and build quality?

It certainly does appear to be a lot of frame for the cash...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

gravity

by gravity

Ahhh I'm quite certain on Felt F1 2016 (same price) but this complicate things :roll:

thewallace

by thewallace

I'm a Fuji fan so take my comments as you will. Build quality is as good as any bike produced on this scale from Trek, Giant, Spec etc. They have been laying up frames differently across sizes for a while now, and make 2 different forks with different rakes for different sizes. They seem to care alot about ride quality over what would be a cheaper option during production. There used to be issues with some of the Oval Concepts wheels which created a bit of stink, but from what I've witnessed, they are largely gone now. This will be a nice bike, it's not as suited to what riding I do at the Transonic, but it sure is tempting, if never had a super light bike.

eric01

by eric01

Fuji seems to fly a bit under the radar but produce good value for money bikes. Spent a few months on an Altamira (loaner). Nice bike.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

prebsy

by prebsy

Fuji SL frame is the same price as the mid level emonda SL frame, gotta love it!

Powerful Pete

by Powerful Pete

Thanks for the feedback thewallace and eric01.

I must say I am intrigued. Will have to wait for reviews and real in-the-wild weights, but $1,900 for an ultra light frameset is not half bad.

kgt

by kgt

Although they don't stand out for some reason Fuji frames are among the best values in the market and that's not a secret. Agree with thewallace: "as good as any bike produced on this scale from Trek, Giant, Spec".

53x12

by 53x12

Anyone know if Fuji tends to be close to claimed weights?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Guess not a lot of interest on WeightWeenies for a <700g frame (<1000g frameset) that will cost only $1900? Undercuts all the big boys (Trek, Cervelo, Felt, Cannondale...etc.).

Powerful Pete

by Powerful Pete

Don't think there is a lot of experience on these frames. Will have to wait until some are in the wild and we can read honest reviews...
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: lot of... not "little of"...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

You are right that there are no real reviews on this new SL frame yet. Hopefully in time. However while Fuji does seem to fly under the radar, there have been lots of positive comments about the Altamira and SL. Even djconnel is still ridding his Fuji SL/1 and I think he still really likes it. So a lot to like about Fuji. Will be curious how a test ride feels on this SL. On paper, it ticks a lot of boxes. Weight is right. Price is right. Wonder how it rides.