Rotor mechanical and hydraulic shifting groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Check out Cervelo Bigla twitter page, has some fresh photos. I'm starting to lean back towards a Campy build ...

https://twitter.com/cervelobigla

andrewfelix

by andrewfelix

XCProMD wrote:One thing is for sure: this is going to be the ugliest groupset money can buy. By a long stretch.

I think Mavic probably have them beat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

calleking

by calleking

Do anyone know if ROTOR has mentioned anything about shifting degradation with the UNO group?
With DI2/eTAP you pretty much adjust it once and after that you don't really have to index/adjust anything.
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Well, that's pretty much one of the reasons Rotor went hydraulic. In theory, it shouldn't require any adjustment after initial setup. The hydraulic system has no stretch and heat changes doesn't influence the system as well.
I tried a pre-production group mid december, and was happy to find the the action was quite a bit lighter than the demo model that was set up at Eurobike. It feels a lot similar to SRAM Red, but a lot more crisp and precise in the shifting. And the Magura Discs I tried, worked extremely well.

calleking

by calleking

Sounds very promising. Thanks for the reply Mario!
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Even it is mechanically perfect and superlight I still think it is too ugly to buy.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

NiFTY wrote:Even it is mechanically perfect and superlight I still think it is too ugly to buy.

this > all

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

So at the start of the season DiData seemed to be running more bikes with the Rotor groupset? Not seen any of them running it in any recent races.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

that's a good looking bike though and kit

XCProMD

by XCProMD

...but the shifters and RD!

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

I can live with the RD... But yes the shifters are really ugly. Don't look that comfortable.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

53x12

by 53x12

Local bike shop told me they expect to get some in stock late summer or early fall. Looks like we are still 3-5 months away from consumers being able to get these.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wingguy

by wingguy

MikeyBE wrote:I can live with the RD... But yes the shifters are really ugly. Don't look that comfortable.

One of our guys who was at the launch (normally rides Sram Red) was expecting to hate them but said they were awesome. Most comfortable he'd ever ridden.

YMMV, obviously.

(Also I don't think he's ever owned a bike with Super Record :P )

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

53x12 wrote:Local bike shop told me they expect to get some in stock late summer or early fall. Looks like we are still 3-5 months away from consumers being able to get these.

I also heard, earliest June. But then Aug, Sep....

Well, i can just dream of the possibility to test ride Etap, UNO, Campa EPS and Di2.
Would be great set up at same bike(s) running face to face until one is grasping what is the deal with each of them.

Looks is one thing, but i try to always keep to the feel of things and the function (price is the real issue though :roll: )
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.