Di2 7970 battery plug wiring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drmutley

by drmutley

Hi all,
A long shot here, but does someone have a battery plug pin out diagram? There are 2 red, & 2 black wires, I just need to know which pins of the 4 pin connector they go to so not to reverse the polarity on a internal battery install. Any advice/help greatly appreciated...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RussellS

by RussellS

I have a Di2 7970 battery and charger and all the other parts. If you ask a bit simpler and more easily understood questions, maybe I can give you some answers. Right now I'm not sure what you are asking.

rmerka

by rmerka

I can't help much but don't know if you saw this post, maybe helpful?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83304

drmutley

by drmutley

RussellS wrote:I have a Di2 7970 battery and charger and all the other parts. If you ask a bit simpler and more easily understood questions, maybe I can give you some answers. Right now I'm not sure what you are asking.

Ok Russell the "pin diagram" I am after is; there are 4 pins on the battery plug... Can u tell me which 2 are positive, and which 2 are negative? Its easy to work out with a 7970 battery holder and multimeter....

I'm just trying to negate the need for me to cut the wiring harness battery connector off to work it out but I'll head down this path if I have to...

rmerka wrote:I can't help much but don't know if you saw this post, maybe helpful?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83304

Thanks Russ, I'll have a look [emoji106]
Last edited by drmutley on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

drmutley

by drmutley

Just for clarification this is the battery holder connector, which connects onto the female connector from the rear junction box...
Last edited by drmutley on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

If you ask on the carltonbale.com forum the guy called di2diy will answer. He sells the modded harnesses on eBay and will know the answer.

2old4this

by 2old4this

I have a DYI internal battery setup. I can give you detailed instructions on how I did it, but at the high-level (do it on your own risk. sorry about the disclaimer.)

1- Ordered the following battery from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y2 ... ge_o06_s00
2- Opened the battery up (comes with two cells and a PCB, and re-soldered them into a line
3- Cut the cable going into the di2 battery plug (there are only two wires in it)
4- Connected the battery I made with the cable I just cut (I've a connector so that I can recharge the battery.)

Total cost was something like $30 (since I needed a Li-Ion battery charger as well.

drmutley

by drmutley

Thanks 2old4this... I'm up with all that... Just need to know the polarity of the pins of the connector so I can use an inline connector....

drmutley

by drmutley

All sorted guys - I'll post up a pin out of the relevant plugs for future reference shortly

cymans

by cymans

Polarity should be-: Red = Pos Black= Neg
Use a multimeter to confirm.

Cyman.

drmutley

by drmutley

cymans wrote:Polarity should be-: Red = Pos Black= Neg
Use a multimeter to confirm.

Cyman.

Um Yep - got it [emoji106] [emoji6]

drmutley

by drmutley

goodboyr wrote:If you ask on the carltonbale.com forum the guy called di2diy will answer. He sells the modded harnesses on eBay and will know the answer.

Thanks Russ, I only just saw this post... The advice is appreciated [emoji106]

grouk

by grouk

almost certainly the horizontal is begative and the others is for each cell individually.
but why do not you use a multimeter... so simple

drmutley

by drmutley

grouk wrote:almost certainly the horizontal is begative and the others is for each cell individually.
but why do not you use a multimeter... so simple
no not simple if u don't have a battery holder.... And no it's certainly not horizontal....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

drmutley wrote:
goodboyr wrote:If you ask on the carltonbale.com forum the guy called di2diy will answer. He sells the modded harnesses on eBay and will know the answer.

Thanks Russ, I only just saw this post... The advice is appreciated [emoji106]

It's actually Bob.....no worries.