New Giant road shoe

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tsurani

by tsurani

Anyone seen these in the flesh yet or got any thoughts on the route they are going down with the design?

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXPT-7T ... 9EB614C9DE

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I think their marketing has got me! Now we just need to know how light it is and the availability. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

doesn't make a lot of sense to me to decouple the shoe front to back torsionally. Unless you have a very neutral force application, this design would seem to allow more pronation under high load than shoes which are not decoupled.

peted76

by peted76

I'm hooked by the marketing also, seems to make absolute sense to me. Why wouldn't you have some flex along one axis as long as it's stiff in the one that counts.

Love a bit of innovation as long, as it's at a price I can afford ;)

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

tsurani wrote:Anyone seen these in the flesh yet or got any thoughts on the route they are going down with the design?

I smell the Giant marketing dept.

MisterMo

by MisterMo

But they're not black. Shoes must be black. No neon colors too.

JackWalk

by JackWalk

MisterMo wrote:But they're not black. Shoes must be black. No neon colors too.

And why is this exactly?

MisterMo

by MisterMo

JackWalk wrote:

And why is this exactly?

A few examples of 'why'

tinozee

by tinozee

Ew black? You mean white unless you are from the UK and look somewhat like 70s Dr Who.

mentok

by mentok

All those flouro yellow Sidi Wires - give it a few years and they will be $400 cringeworthy trophies. Personally I think white is right so long as they're clean. Black is merely acceptable unless you're mountainbiking.

I need a whole heap of arch support and heel wedging to keep my feet in the position necessary for good knee and hip function. Interested to hear why a dynamic foot position is better than the static position that can be achieved with a stiff sole combined with wedging/support. I get the sense that my heel might fall to the right angle, but that it wouldn't necessarily. A stiff and poorly fit sole will force the feet into the incorrect position - would this shoe help or exacerbate the problem?

Rick

by Rick

I am also an arch support fanatic, and I am delighted with S-Works shoes with the Green insoles.

For reference, my arches just laugh at all the over the counter arch supports and all the other sport insoles I have tried; they aren't high enough to even touch my arch, let alone support it.

mentok

by mentok

I'm similar - my arches are relatively high but are also extremely weak and collapse under load. Without arch support my legs are like wet noodles.

I use these: http://www.esoles.com/products/efit/supportive/

They have transferable arch supports in various sizes. the largest is very, very intrusive and offers a lot of support. I've used the green Specialized beds and they offered a bit too much support in the forefoot for my requirements but were similarly good in the arch. e-soles also do a cycling specific footbed which i have no experience with.

I think i have ~4mm of wedges in my heels to correct pronation also.

I use superfeet in my squatting shoes which help a little, but are a long way away from what I need. Very little arch support by comparison.

raffal

by raffal

I'd like you to try Bontrager XXX shoes and you will see the big difference

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Black shoes target new cyclists as they don't want to be too flashy and new to the sport. Also, if you sort "by price" you will see long list of black shoes. White has been the the prime color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Yeah black is a bit goofy, like school shoes. Great for new rider until they get their confidence up and realise that bright colours and sporty garb actually looks more appropriate on race bikes.

Sometimes black shoes an be pulled off. I'm being harsh of course.