Bontrager Flare R Issues

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gomason

by gomason

I purchased a Bontrager Flare R a few months back and it has been plagued with problems. One of the first few rides was in the wet and some water seems to have gotten inside the casing (maybe I did not have the USB cover completely shut) and since then it turns off on its own while out riding and now since I last charged it the thing will not turn off at all. I hold down the button and it switches off but once I release it turns back on again, the only way to stop it is to drain all the charge out of it.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? I will take it back today to where I got it but I cannot find the receipt. A little bit frustrating when they cost AUD$75.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

In my experience, Bontrager is quick to replace items on warranty. If you have a good relationship with your shop, you shouldn't have any problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

They will warranty that no problems. If they are like our shop all your purchases will be in the system. Receipts are a thing of the past. I have not personally seen one come back for any problems. In the summers rain is hard to avoid here so plenty of wet weather action on here.

gomason

by gomason

Went in today, exchanged with a new one. Great work bontrager.