Today is not my day...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tim7219

by tim7219

Hello there, i'm Tim from Hong Kong.

My Lightweight front wheel was broken and can't repair. I'm waiting lightweight to give a formal answer, but the Dealer told me lightweight Maybe not provide replacement for me. So if you... you wanna spend $2000 dollars on a pair of new carbon wheelsets (Bora, DA C50 so on....) or buy a brand new lightweight front wheel ? :cry:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velomane

by velomane

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let us know if Lightweight comes through for you.

spud

by spud

If lightweight don't come through for you, def buy something like the Bora set - the Lightweights are not that aero, so you can pick up some watts using a more aero alternative at the front, while taking advantage of Lightweight's stiffer wheel in the back. Assuming you don't need wheels to match...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

I don't know in HK, but in Europe there are at least a couple of shops I know of which would repair your wheel.

Lightweight claims the wheels are not repairable, but actually it is possible to substitute the whole spoke assembly, tension and true it and oven cure it.

Maybe you can find someone in your area that does this kind of jobs.

Kichan

by Kichan

cheer up.. dude..

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Try emailing Berk. He just repaired two broken LW frontwheels for me, where each had a spoke which had been broken off completely at the rim edge. They both work perfectly fine now :)

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

give them a call. when Stefan was there, he took care of me fast. shipping is extremely expensive though. I could have flown to headquarters myself for the price fedex charged.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

You didnt mention how it broke.
I get a little annoyed when ppl try and leverage a company by making negative topics on a web forum. Unless of course the company is wrong...like say Speedpay. If that is the case here then lets hear it.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

sedluk

by sedluk

I find in interesting that people expect bike frame and bike wheel companies to replace crashed equipment. If you drive your car and the car has a defect within the warranty then we expect the car company to fix it. If we crash our car, do we expect the car dealer to fix our car for free or offer to sell us a new car at a substantial discount.

Ever buy a boat? Did they offer to repair your boat for free if you crashed it on the rocks or offer you a substantial discount if you ran it a ground.

I have heard people explain that bike companies should do this to create good will. Car companies do not feel the need to give you a new car if you crash your car and people crash cars every day.

sungod

by sungod

do you have serviceup? if not, then maybe lw will offer you a good discount on replacement

dton13

by dton13

sedluk wrote:I find in interesting that people expect bike frame and bike wheel companies to replace crashed equipment. If you drive your car and the car has a defect within the warranty then we expect the car company to fix it. If we crash our car, do we expect the car dealer to fix our car for free or offer to sell us a new car at a substantial discount.

Ever buy a boat? Did they offer to repair your boat for free if you crashed it on the rocks or offer you a substantial discount if you ran it a ground.

I have heard people explain that bike companies should do this to create good will. Car companies do not feel the need to give you a new car if you crash your car and people crash cars every day.

Is someone have a rough today?

I don't see anywhere in his post a statement of expectation of anything out of LW other than the ability to repair his wheel, which he understands is not looking good. And then the forum's opinion on replacement.

Not asking for handouts, just understandably upset as many would if they broke any component of their bike.

RyanH

by RyanH

Buy a set used on eBay and sell the rear? I've seen the LW std's go for roughly $2K, and single wheels go for $1K.

RChevalier

by RChevalier

how did the wheel break? did you crash? did a component fail on its own? did the failed component cause the crash?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com