Out cage swap - mid cage, short cage

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I am having a litany of issues getting my SRAM Red 10 speed to shift sweetly after switching from 53/39 11-28 to 52/36 11/28.

Other things that haven't changed - standard pulleys, q rings, i links.

Cassette is brand new, chain brand new. Just checked hanger with DAG-2 - dead straight

The issue is with shifting in the small ring towards the lower half of the sprockets when shifting to a harder gear. It can stutter or jump out of gear. I never had this issue before.

Now I have altered the chain length - it currently doesn't like 52x28 (sounds high drag but will run) but i don't think i can shorten it further without risking the derailleur going into the wheel if i accidentally cross chain.

Now, would it be possible to switch my cage to a sram force mid cage to get extra chain wrap and fix this problem (if lack of wrap is the cause) Just swapping the cage. I know the geometry of the upper pivot is different on a midcage, i am not looking to run a 32, just my 28 and midcompact smoothly.

Anything else to try?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com