Madone, 956, F8, RB1K?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GASer

by GASer

This silly question again: out for a new frame soon, staying awake, switching web pages between those beauties: The new Madone 9.9, Look's 795, the Pina F8 and Chipo's RB1000. Will spend most of its life ridden on silk flat roads dressed with aero carbon tubs and SR EPS.

What would be your spontaneous pick or even more guessed if you feel like sharing?
Last edited by GASer on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

What is a look 956?

I am most intrigued by the new Madone 9. Won't know until a test ride, but it should be stiff and comfortable. If you can afford it, I would take a seriously look at it. I would never have considered a Trek until this new Madone 9.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Aha, you mean Look 695?

My spontaneous pick right away would be same as above speaker, Trek Madone 9.
Or Look 795.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

audiojan

by audiojan

The Madone 9 looks nice (as in truly integrated), but I would vote F8. Got my F8 about 2 months ago and it's by far the best all round bike I've ever owned.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

GASer

by GASer

Should I be superstitious by completely misstyping the 795?

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

newforker

by newforker

Not 100% sure, but I dont think that the new Madone is EPS compatible..I could be wrong though...

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I think anyone considering an RB1000 has to be honest if they can fit on it without a ridiculous amount of stack, no? My understanding is its super aggressive geo.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I'm currently going through a similar deliberation. Except I'm also looking at racy Ti frames. I really really like the look of the new Madone, but need the H1 geometry which really pushes the price up. It certainly seems to tick a lot of boxes though, very aero, reasonably light, comfortable, lifetime warranty. I don't think you can get the H1 on Project One unfortunately, as I also don't like the TFR paint job.

MRM

by MRM

newforker wrote:Not 100% sure, but I dont think that the new Madone is EPS compatible..I could be wrong though...
You have to fix the EPS battery externally on Madone 9, so you can pretty much say Madone 9 is not EPS compatible. Shimano Di2 is fully compatible.

campbellrae wrote:I'm currently going through a similar deliberation. Except I'm also looking at racy Ti frames. I really really like the look of the new Madone, but need the H1 geometry which really pushes the price up. It certainly seems to tick a lot of boxes though, very aero, reasonably light, comfortable, lifetime warranty. I don't think you can get the H1 on Project One unfortunately, as I also don't like the TFR paint job.
You can seemingly order H1 geometry P1 for the Madone 9 through a dealer, since the dealer websites offer both H1 and H2 in Project One.

Check out the Madone 9 thread for more info.

GASer

by GASer

MRM wrote:
newforker wrote:Not 100% sure, but I dont think that the new Madone is EPS compatible..I could be wrong though...
You have to fix the EPS battery externally on Madone 9, so you can pretty much say Madone 9 is not EPS compatible. Shimano Di2 is fully compatible.

I did manage to fit the v2 power unit in the seat tube of my Speed Concept (by trimming the outer casing of the battery), so I would like to think that can do the same with the Madone :D

MRM

by MRM

Cool! :)

My info was from reviews. Good job on modding it.

There is a major difference between Speed Concept and Madone 9 though. Madone 9 has the seat tube in the aero seat mast/tube system with the Iso Speed Decoupler. That may reduce the tube diameter more drastically, to make trimming harder.

I guess once more and more people get the bike we will know for sure.

mimason

by mimason

I passed on the LOOK bike when I was in the market due to all the proprietary components and ended up with the F8. I've commented on the F8 in other posts and won't elaborate too much here but it is a stellar ride, threaded BB, standard components, aero benefits, aggressive, great handling, and comfortable.

A buddy just received the RB1k yesterday in the black and orange scheme. It looks awesome but it's not built up yet. From what I've read its ueber aggressive but no ride report yet. I doubt that compliance and this bike are on the same page.

Trek 9.9 - does Trek make good bikes? LOL kidding. I never liked Trek but ironically I had a Trek Madone as my first road bike. Was a good bike but didn't feel the love. I won't knock them though. The Emonda and 9.9 should be great.

Maybe we should ask you what riding characteristics do you want? IS weigh important? etc

kgt

by kgt

Since you ride on "silk flat roads" and if you 're flexible enough then Cipollini RB1000 will be a perfect choise especially eith SR EPS.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com