Saddle Suggestions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I used to be on a Selle Italia SLR but found it too narrow.
Went to Specialized Toupe Comp Gel 143 and pretty happy with it. Bought off Ebay for $60 almost new.
It's pretty stiff though, wonder if any of the Toupe models have more flex.

MikeDee

by MikeDee

kafreeman wrote:I've somehow bent the rails on my Selle AnAtomica Titanico X, and I'm hunting a new saddle. Ordered a selle italia slr flow and it seems narrow on the sit bones. What other saddles should I take a look at and try out? AnAtomica is 145 mm and was comfortable, but after bending rails not sure I want to continue running it and replacing rails all the time.

Might order a SLR super flow in 145mm, but saddle flipping will take a while and will get expensive.

Contact the company. They may warranty the saddle. Bent and broken rails were a problem till they switched to chrome molybdenum rails.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kongbop

by Kongbop

Fizik antares 00 is very light and it can hold me perfect.

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

I switched from the stock 4ZA saddle on my Ridley Noah to a Selle SMP about two years ago, and I don't think I'll be considering anything else for the foreseeable future.
Even the carbon models without any padding are comfortable on even 200+ km rides. I do tend to ride with my pelvis rotated a bit forward, don't know if that makes much difference to the comfort on cut-out saddles for longer distance rides.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Fizik Arione 00 here... Hurts my gooch after 70k-ish but may not be used to it yet.

Antares 00 could be an option if I can't get on with the Arione.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop