Veloflex Arenberg v Conti Comp - 25 mm

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Been running Veloflex Carbon for quite sometime now, but want to switch over to 25 mm tyres. So, I'm in two minds between the Arenburg and Comp. I love veloflex and like the latex inner. However, I wouldn't mind giving the Conti Comp a go. I think it's around 10 g difference in weight. Any thoughts would be most welcome. They won't be used in winter conditions. Thanks

hasbeen

by hasbeen

If youre good with Veloflex there is no reason to change.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

conti comps feel like bricks compared to arenbergs

Lafolie

by Lafolie

LionelB wrote:conti comps feel like bricks compared to arenbergs

wow - don't want that. Thanks for the heads up !!

LionelB

by LionelB

Oh and they are also a bitch to mount :)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The mounting is my biggest issue with the Comps. Super tight. Kind of like the dotted tread pattern however. But my money is on Veloflex Arenbergs or Roubaixs. Same tire just one is all black and the other has tan sidewalls.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lafolie

by Lafolie

thanks guys

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

They don't feel like bricks. They may not have the ride quality of the velofex tyres but they provide excellent grip and are puncture resistant. These are the only tyres I truly trust on a long ride. I trust all race tyres to let me down because they have.

romalor

by romalor

I've used my roubaix for one year on the road here in Belgium ( most of our roads are full of potholes , dirt etc )
I've used my carbon wheels with the roubaix for Tour des flandres again no issue ....

Just let them dry or look when they were made

elSid

by elSid

Let the Continental tires sit on a dry rim for a day or three after you've put on a base coat. As others have said, they can be tough to mount, and stretching helps a lot.

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

No issues fitting Arenbergs, they go straight on without the need for stretching. Very comfortable tyres, reasonable puncture protection and wear rate too. Can't comment on the Conti's as I;ve never used them apart form clinchers. Veloflex Arenbergs are recommended though.

josephtroppo

by josephtroppo

The Veloflex are far superior, the conti's are, even with proper stretching, a real job to get them on the rims.
If you're good with the Veloflex, stay sith the Veloflex overall tubular feeling is just much better. Keep Conti's on your clincher rims.

jlaitinen

by jlaitinen

I recently mounted Arenbergs on my 6.7's and have been really impressed with the ride quality. I really recommend them.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

thanks again..some sound advice

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Fit a tub like you fit a clicnher. Mount it and then pull it down to make sure the tyre is firmly on the rim without slack. That allows them to be fitted with out stretching as i often forget. They are tighter though that vittoria tubs which are the the other ones I would suggest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com