Supersix headset woes!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hi all
My new Supersix arrived on Wednesday. It came with the usual huge conical spacer so ordered the Cannondale 5mm headset cover. It arrived this morning so fitted it and cut the steerer accordingly but now the headset won't tighten to remove play! Has anyone else had this issue? Does the smaller spacer require the use of micro spacers beneath it?
I've not cut it too short or anything silly like that but just cannot see that it could be anything but micro spacers
Any help is massively appreciated as I'm desperate to ride it!!!

James
Attachments
image.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

The photo is not showing anything other than the fork has been cut 2-3mm below the top of stem, per Cannondale spec.

Perhaps you are not installing the compression plug tightly enough. Make sure it is in the correct location and tight, and try again.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I just showed that photo to prove I hadn't cut the steerer too short really. I have since sorted the issue, it was rider stupidity!!!!!
Thanks
James

Antoine

by Antoine

If you have this one http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-Evo-SI-Expanding-Compression-WedgeTop-Cap-for-Carbon-Steerer-Tubes--KP017_p_106.html or similar, the lower grey part expanding is maybe be too high now inside the fork.

You can remove the top black part to see if it's the case, it's screwed on the expander. If the expander is too high you can't tighten it enough .

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks guys, I sorted it seconds after I posted the original message as I realised I was being stupid all along!!!