Ti Bike: How Would You Build It? (Help Me Spec It Please)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Point

by Point

Looks smart!
How are you finding the Thomson seat post and clamp? I'd like to go for those but have seen several Ti owners say the clamp doesn't hold the seat post tight enough.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Point wrote:
cmcdonnell wrote:Threaded BB, lucky you!! I've pressed my CK inset headset and campy 68x46 cups... Just hope it's ok. Threaded is so much easier. Chorus is the same in use as Super Record I'm just having a mid life crisis and its cheaper than a Porsche!

Yeah I've tried to keep most of it practical and easy enough for me to replace parts. Press fitting has never really appealed to me as a DIY job.
You could always get an Mx5 instead now? Haha.

Any idea what the difference is between the Chorus brakes and the Skeleton brakes? Some websites even list the option between a Chorus Skeleton and Campag Skeleton which is just getting a little confusing.

The skeleton brakes are the basic ones and the chorus skeleton brakes are lighter. Personally I like the D skeleton brakes with the mono rear as they are lighter and the rear is not so strong which suits my braking style.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Titanium22

by Titanium22

Point wrote:

Looks smart!
How are you finding the Thomson seat post and clamp? I'd like to go for those but have seen several Ti owners say the clamp doesn't hold the seat post tight enough.

Masterpiece seat post has Ti Bolts (Ebay) to the saddle clamp, they are perfect. As is the seat post clamp. I've only done about 1000 miles on it so far, but the post has never moved. The clamp is very strong and solid, Tightened using torque wrench.