quick question about verge cycling kit sizing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

anyone have a comparison between verge and rapha , castelli , craft , and or champ sys? I haven't ordered a kit in a while, and generally order smalls for everything, but for verge it seems that i would be an XS , but this kit isn't offered in XS which might make me sad =(

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

Verge Race Cut is similar to Champ Sys but a bit more snug, I'd go the same size across the line there. On the less top of the range race stuff from Verge, the jerseys get 1 size bigger. So at 6' 160# I'm a large in Verge race cut jersey, large in Champ Sys but it's not as close a fit, and a medium in Verge other stuff which is also less snug than Verge race cut medium. I don't know all the lingo there.

In bibs, I'm medium across the board of those, with the Verge race cut just being more snug than the others.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

so just to chime in.... i got a response that it's similar to rapha and castelli. i'd probably agree with that slightly.

im a small in everything and will say the pro team bibs are slightly tighter than verge, and the verge bib straps seems a little loose for someone my height. My legs are thunder thighs so the small works. Lining up the tan lines is kinda sucky, but i'd probably not fit an xs in verge.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

nathanong87 wrote:so just to chime in.... i got a response that it's similar to rapha and castelli. i'd probably agree with that slightly.

im a small in everything and will say the pro team bibs are slightly tighter than verge, and the verge bib straps seems a little loose for someone my height. My legs are thunder thighs so the small works. Lining up the tan lines is kinda sucky, but i'd probably not fit an xs in verge.

For my own reference, what size (height/weight) are you? Thanks.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

sanrensho wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:so just to chime in.... i got a response that it's similar to rapha and castelli. i'd probably agree with that slightly.

For my own reference, what size (height/weight) are you? Thanks.

5'7 , 138-150lbs. (depending on time of the year).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

I'm 187cm at ~72kg. Have med bib from Verge (use med typically with other brands) and am going to give away the verge bibs as the shoulder straps have absolutely no give/stretch and are too tight for my tall frame. They do fit nice a snug though around these climber thighs of mine
It only hurts if you think.