What would you do if LBS cuts ISP too short?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mimason

by mimason

I had an ISP frame that was cut correctly initially for one type of saddle but then I changed saddles and it was too short. A spacer added resolved the issue. The bike manufacturer included various spacers for this sort of thing.

In your case since you indicate its their error you should consider if you can get the fit right still or your position is compromised, change saddle to one with taller rails etc or see if they are leveraged enough to compensate you.

In the end don't buy ISP again. I vowed not to and never looked back. They are a pain to travel with, allow for limited future adjustments and generally have poor resale value.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Just swap out the seat and get one with higher rails, like fizik. 6 mm is not so bad. Other things you could do are change to platform look type pedals, or use thicker padded shorts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

I'd support the general theme

Can your correct seat height be obtained?
If yes, then I'd be happy they've given me 6mm wiggle room if I ever want to drop my seat a little lower rather than having to cut again. Insert the 6mm of spacers and enjoy your bike.
If no, then they've as good as cut through the middle of your top tube and they owe you a new frame. Their insurance should cover damage they cause as accidents happen in the workshop. If it doesn't then that's even dumber than cutting your ISP too short..

tigoose

by tigoose

If you're concerned with keeping a good relationship with the shop, ask to check the measurements of the job against what you supplied them with them to witness this. This should highlight the problem and bring awareness to them that you know it's incorrect.
Everyone is generally nice in business because they want "something". You would be honoring yourself to be straight up with them. My guess is they would do the same to you when spending an exuberant amount of money.
Don't fear the confrontation or you'll lose :smartass:

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

My philosophy is and always will be... you bust it.. you bought it.... especially if you've supplied and discussed the relevant information and how you wanted it done...

sawyer

by sawyer

mimason wrote:
In the end don't buy ISP again. I vowed not to and never looked back. They are a pain to travel with, allow for limited future adjustments and generally have poor resale value.

Yes, the bike industry over-stepped the mark with ISPs ... a marketing opportunity too far

They do look good, and offer potentially more stiffness (at the cost of comfort) but for the reasons you state are not worth it
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: