Polished tubular rims - does my ideal holy trinity exist?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MJB

by MJB

On a crusade to find my 'holy trinity' in box section rims for a steel bike build.

Does this creature exist? A polished silver alloy rim with both brass reinforcing eylets AND a machined brake track.......

I have a pair of Campagnolo Lambda rims laced to Record hubs which do everything I want except brake like a modern alloy rim. Is there something out there to be had that both looks retro and yet performs contemporary?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I think you'll need to look for some NOS Fiamme's, Weimann's, FIR's, MAVIC's etc althoguh they may not have a machined surface. I can't think of a modern tub rim that has a polished finish and or a machined track.

Or you could buy some silver Mavic Reflex's and get polishing!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimborello

by jimborello

I built a polished tubular wheelset for a De Rosa Vintage bike with Velocity Escape tubulars. They dont do them anymore but you could get a set of polished Major Tom rims.

victorduraace

by victorduraace

Mavic Fir Fiamme. Not machined though, Fiamme Red are equal to F20s and much cheaper. Braking on non machined tub alloy rims is more than enough, with right pads. Beware of superlight rims as they are paper thin though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Ambrosio do the montreal in polished finish. It has double brass eyelets. Had a couple in the past nice rims but I sold them to a sweedish guy so I did not get to build them up.

Mike V

by Mike V

H Plus Son TB14 in polished silver (clincher)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com