2016 Specialized S-Works 6 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jadekim

by jadekim

i like s-works shoes. that's so comforable,
2016y specialized s-works shoes is strong red!! great!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romalor

by romalor

not talking about 4 5 years old s works ...
last year ones

the 2012 s works 5 were already a little higher in the toe box

the news have more space and height around the big toe , it was an issue for some people on s works 5

my buddy had his toe to destroy the shoes at this place , now he has the s works 6 thanks the warranty service

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

I am considering Specializes shoes as well mainly for the vargus fore foot tilt. I am using wedges on my Sidi's now and on long rides, it's being to be painful. Do you notice the tilt or is it very minor? thanks

parleez1

by parleez1

I wore Specialized Pro Carbon shoes for 6 years before switching to the Shimano 321's this season and I do not notice any difference in the tilt.

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

I would think that if you don't have a pressure point, you won't notice it? I have a lot of pressure on my 5th metatarsal and even developed a callus. So the wedge helped relief it some but feel like the wedge isn't quite the right shape.

parleez1

by parleez1

I have no fat pad under my 4th metatarsal which caused a lot of discomfit.I had a pair of esole custom orthotics made and they alleviated the problem, along with the wide and high toe box of the Shimano 321's I'm in business!

Timujin

by Timujin

Ravnsnaes wrote:romalor, this discussion is about the 2016 model, which is very different to 2013-2015 model. The 2016 S-Works seems to have a wider and taller toebox, compared to S-Works shoes from the last 4-5 years. So some people might want to go down half a size, if they want the same fit as previous models.

Where did you buy?? UK shops saying mid November...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Leisure Lakes Bikes and SigmaSport in the UK both have the Rocket Red versions in stock. If you google Specialized S-Works 6 shoes 2016, you will find other UK retailers that has them in stock as well.

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

How it fits compared to the pre-2013 model? I use this in 44EU size, so it should be 43.5EU?

Timujin

by Timujin

Ravnsnaes wrote:Leisure Lakes Bikes and SigmaSport in the UK both have the Rocket Red versions in stock. If you google Specialized S-Works 6 shoes 2016, you will find other UK retailers that has them in stock as well.

Yep saw this last night. I want the white ones so no luck till winter. Cheers for the reply though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nohands

by nohands

On the U.S. website it's saying available August 2015. The UK site, however, does not show anything.

I also stopped by my local specialized dealer and they hadn't a clue about when they'll be getting the new shoes. They said they would contact me once they get info from their spec. rep.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

nohands wrote:On the U.S. website it's saying available August 2015. The UK site, however, does not show anything.

I also stopped by my local specialized dealer and they hadn't a clue about when they'll be getting the new shoes. They said they would contact me once they get info from their spec. rep.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specia ... F7?wmp=252
See all my bike h e r e

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Vallinotti wrote:How it fits compared to the pre-2013 model? I use this in 44EU size, so it should be 43.5EU?

Well, I sold my 2016 S-Works size 44 shoes to a guy who wore size 44,5 in the 2013-15 model. He reported back to me, saying the new shoes are a perfect fit. I tried my old (size 44) 2010 S-Works shoes on this morning, and they felt ridiculously narrow, even compared to the 2013-2015 version. So try the 2016 model on before you buy or move down half a size, if you prefer a tight fit.

My guess is that Specialized modelled the sizing of the new shoes on the pre-2010 model (the ones with a single Boa dial and velcro strap). Those were a lot roomier and wider, more like Shimano's current lineup.

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

I just picked up a pair of S works 5 shoes. I also tried the 6 when I was in the store and the toe box is definitely different between the 2. I wear a Sidi 45 and thought that the Specialized run larger so I expected to be buying a size 44. Instead after trying both the 44 in both models(5 and 6), 44 was too tight. The 45 fits well. I have a feeling I was on the border of the Sidi 45 and stretched them out a little. Looking forward to trying these out. Boa system wraps around the foot nicely and the toe box feels right height and width wise.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Ravnsnaes wrote:Update: After riding with the shoes a couple of times, I felt they were half a size too big, compared with the 2015 model. The area around the front of the foot is slightly wider and taller, making me feel as though I was "swimming" in the shoes. I had to tighten the shoes to a point, where I felt them pinching and blocking the blood circulation. Also, the new heel cup is very tight and stiff, definitely a big improvement on the 2015 model. But it pinches as well, and I have a feeling a lot of people will find this particular feature very uncomfortable. So I sold the S-Works 6 shoes and bought a pair of Shimano SH-R321 in size 43,5, which feels exactly the same in terms of size, as the 2015 Specialized S-Works size 44.

I am looking to replace my old worn out S-Works shoes. I tried on the 2015 model and it felt great but they didn't have my size nor does anybody else.
The 2016 didn't fit or feel near as good and after reading your comments now I know why. So I am not wanting to spend $400 on shoes that are not perfect and will try some other brands like Sidi, Fizik, Giro.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com