2016 Specialized S-Works 6 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EdGr

by EdGr

Buddysnack wrote:Yeah that makes sense. Question is how do I know the width? I don't see any markers.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The model on the wide is listed as S-Works 6 Rd Wide, and then the standard sizing breakdowns are on the right.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I bought a pair of these two days ago and rode in them yesterday.
My older S-Works shoes 2 generations ago where 42.5, they were a bit narrow in the toes but not too painful.
I initially didn't want to get the 6 model because of the high price and the tall heel cup cut into my ankle bone.
I went through two different 2015 S-Works shoes buying on E-bay, 42.5 and 43. Both hurt my toes due to the narrow and low toe box.
I tried on all kinds of shoes including Sidi, Bontrager, Lake, Vittoria. None of them felt right.
I finally went to a local Specialized shop and ended up getting the 6 shoes in 43.5.
So I think these run small contrary to what some others here posted.
From my ride yesterday, the shoe fits extremely snug, much more so than any other brand.
Its like a vise around my foot but in a good way. There is no movement of my foot in the shoe with very little tightening of the BOAs.
My toes have enough room and no pain in that area. The high heel cup was uncomfortable cutting into my heel bone and had to back off the BOAs and ride them slightly loose, but I think this will get better as the shoe wears in. Overall I think this is the best shoe I have tried and plan to keep them.
Luckily I was a able to get a discount from the shop so the price was affordable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Buddysnack

by Buddysnack

My heel cup has softened up a lot after a couple rides.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Good to know about the heel cup - Thanks

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

cerro wrote:
Hastur wrote:Anyone who tried the Sub6 shoes?

I've used my white Sub6 for a week now. Really nice. But the normal Sworks6 is tighter and better performace. Not as cool and light so Sub6 is the way :D

How would you describe S-Works 6 better performance in contrast to S-Works Sub 6? Laces offer far more control, lighter, more aero and $80 cheaper https://youtu.be/NtHdsNxCkjk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Racer7

by Racer7

Anyone know where i can buy sw6 shoes without paying 400$!?! With a discount code for example....

Enviado desde mi MX5 mediante Tapatalk
~NEVER GIVE UP~

cerro

by cerro

mpulsiv: Would say the laces offers less control as you can't microadjust them on the fly like with boa's. The sub6 is a little softer upper too so if you sprint or drag a lot I would recommend Sworks6.

benzebub

by benzebub

went into the store today to try on some of these shoes.

I ordered the S works 6 in the wide version because I have rather wide feet. I ordered them in size 45.5. The width was perfect, but the length was too short for my feet.
Tried on the sub 6 in size 46 (sworks 6 in wide 46 wasn't available) and to my surprise the 46 was way too big (lengthwise), and width was comparable to the sworks 6 wide version. Tried on the sub 6 in 45.5 and length was perfect, width too.

strange that both shoes seem to have different lengths, even tough the sizing is the same.
But I could be wrong

5DII

by 5DII

Anyone find that these shoes uncomfortably press against the (tibial) nerve on the inside part of the ankle?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

5DII wrote:Anyone find that these shoes uncomfortably press against the (tibial) nerve on the inside part of the ankle?

Yes, due to being so narrow. However, comfort level increase as you time goes by. I feel discomfort for ~ 15 minutes, that's it.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

Buddysnack

by Buddysnack

Hey 5DII,

I'm too new to pm... I haven't had any nerve pain. As I said earlier, the heel cup stretched out a bit, and the shoes are now really comfortable. I also got the ++ and +++ insoles to get the right amount of support. Think I like the ++ on my left foot, and +++ on the right. I was surprised by this as I put more pressure on the outside of my left foot, but the arch in the +++ was just too high for it.

hanzo111

by hanzo111

I just purchased a set of 2016 S-works 6 in 44 WIDE. I love this shoe. the wide was a special order from Specialized. It is 10% wider from my
best est (guessing) Not sure how they compare to last gen but compared to my sidi shoes, these are heaven.
:D

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

hanzo111 wrote:I just purchased a set of 2016 S-works 6 in 44 WIDE. I love this shoe. the wide was a special order from Specialized. It is 10% wider from my
best est (guessing) Not sure how they compare to last gen but compared to my sidi shoes, these are heaven.

Did you try on "standard" before placing an order on "wide"? I wonder whether "wide" is throughout or just in toe box.
hmmm...maybe I should have got wide as well. Toe box in 2016 is wider in contrast to previous years. It's really whack how sizing and width is rated across their line. I also have 2013 Pro model in narrow and they are way wider compared to my standard sub-6.

hanzo111

by hanzo111

mpulsiv wrote:
hanzo111 wrote:I just purchased a set of 2016 S-works 6 in 44 WIDE. I love this shoe. the wide was a special order from Specialized. It is 10% wider from my

Did you try on "standard" before placing an order on "wide"? I wonder whether "wide" is throughout or just in toe box.
hmmm...maybe I should have got wide as well. Toe box in 2016 is wider in contrast to previous years. It's really whack how sizing and width is rated across their line. I also have 2013 Pro model in narrow and they are way wider compared to my standard sub-6.

I did try on the standard. I can say that the toe box IS wider on the "wide" compared to the standard. The back is the same.

Regards,
:D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

In depth review http://cyclingtips.com/2016/04/speciali ... hoe-review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk