2016 Specialized S-Works 6 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

Why not just cut a center slit? That's worked well for me and I had same issue.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Timujin

by Timujin

nathanong87 wrote:sorry not sorry

I'd do the same if they needed adjustment like that.. end of the day, shoes are not meant to fit snugly to every foot, hence why its such a ballache when new models come out... my sw5 are incredible, my sw6 are ok for now, maybe after 3 months they also feel incredible...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I've just sold my SW6 shoes for the same that I paid for them.
Maybe they'd break in after a few months, but I don't have that kind of time to wait, as we've got a busy season coming up in Majorca, and I'm doing the Etape!
So back to the SW5's (which are perfect for me). But as they're a bit worn now, I'm back in the market for a different set of $300 shoes...Bontrager and Scott both do some nice ones....

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:Why not just cut a center slit? That's worked well for me and I had same issue.

both methods probably do the same thing, but cutting the tongue, mimics the old shoe which i really like (the tongue aspect of). It's all greek

VTBike

by VTBike

I rode the SW 4's for almost 3 years. Then got the 5s and rode for a year. Just got the 6's and they are my favorite by far. The 5's were so tight in the toebox for me, I delt with it, but never was super happy. The 6's are amazing fit, and I love how the heel cup is superior over both the 4s and 5s. Great purchase for me.

rachapkis

by rachapkis

Does anyone know if they are going to sell the 2016 S-Works 6 in narrow? I can only seem to find them in regular.

Thanks.

Richard

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

rachapkis wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to sell the 2016 S-Works 6 in narrow? I can only seem to find them in regular.

Thanks.

Richard

Narrow is special order from a dealer. Are you sure you want narrow? I have PRO model in narrow and S-Works sub6 in regular and they are really narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Timujin

by Timujin

So

I have both 43.5 and 44 sat on my desk (Neon yellow) and own a pair of 2014 Sworks 5 in 43.5

the length difference is 0.4cm or 1 finger if i push my foot to the tip of my shoe in the 44.... the width is nice, can really move my toes...

question is, the new 43.5 (same length as my old ones) seem to have a little less room (i mean little) when compared to the 44s... tried with socks on.. my foot length is 26.7/26.8cm.

standard footbed.. i also ordered the green footbed for the 43.5 ones so need to check.

what are your thoughts and experiences?? will the toe area give a little with km's

Timujin

by Timujin

UPDATE

spoke to Specialized UK. They said that pretty much discard what you thought was the right size from the previous versions as there was a lot of discrepancies which they correct to make more uniform sizing.. also, they have changed vendor.

blatchcorn

by blatchcorn

I picked up a pair of the Sagan versions today and love them.

One thing I noticed then I put in my old blue ++ insole is that the insole is too small - it moves forwards and backwards in the shoe. It doesn't move when you are wearing it, but this was a bit disappointing. Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be that the insole has shrunk over time (even though it fits my old shoes fine still)?

Edit: just tried it in a 3rd pair of shoes and the insole fits. Anyone else experience the new shoe being longer?

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Does someone has an size chart? Got Sidi 46 and Fizik 45,5 so I'm curious what size I have with specialized, thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

blatchcorn wrote:I picked up a pair of the Sagan versions today and love them.

One thing I noticed then I put in my old blue ++ insole is that the insole is too small - it moves forwards and backwards in the shoe. It doesn't move when you are wearing it, but this was a bit disappointing. Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be that the insole has shrunk over time (even though it fits my old shoes fine still)?

Edit: just tried it in a 3rd pair of shoes and the insole fits. Anyone else experience the new shoe being longer?

i didn't know they made a Sagan version. i remember the Cavendish color ways. those are nice.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

AW84

by AW84

Does anyone else find these shoes to be extremely delicate? Within the first 10 rides the "velvety" material around the ankles on mine begin to tear and peel and, because they don't have a glossy/outer layer finish, any contact with anything scuffs through the first layer of material. If I touch the tire with the front of the shoe while making a tight turn, it instantly tears the material.

I've babied mine and they're already in worse shape than my 5-year old Expert shoes. Seems they put weight on the priority list above durability with these.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I think I've ridden mine for at least 25.000km+ over the last year. They still look like new (more or less). No tears or scuffs anywhere. Naturally, the insoles are starting to wear a bit in the toe area, but that's no surprise since I've used these shoes in ALL conditions, including snow (with shoecovers ofcourse).

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

My sale fell through so I still have mine.

Have been persisting with them, but after 3 short/medium rides I now have a small weeping sore on the inside of my left foot where the top edge of the shoe rubs it.

Ouch!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com