Redesigned Fizik Aliante - anyone else have one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

superdx

by superdx

I was very comfortable on the prior design of the Aliante. Was tempted by the weight weenie urge and bought the new R1 redesigned Aliante.

It's been a couple weeks, but I'm not as comfortable on the new design vs the old. On the old one I could go for hours in the saddle and not think about it. 1-2 hours in the new saddle and it's not as comfy. I find myself standing up to re-adjust every so often. It's not uncomfortable but my ass doesn't seem to like it.

Anyone else made the switch and found the same? Maybe a different position is needed?

IhmeKameli

by IhmeKameli

superdx wrote:I was very comfortable on the prior design of the Aliante. Was tempted by the weight weenie urge and bought the new R1 redesigned Aliante.

It's been a couple weeks, but I'm not as comfortable on the new design vs the old. On the old one I could go for hours in the saddle and not think about it. 1-2 hours in the new saddle and it's not as comfy. I find myself standing up to re-adjust every so often. It's not uncomfortable but my ass doesn't seem to like it.

Anyone else made the switch and found the same? Maybe a different position is needed?

I did. Used to have old Aliante on all my bikes, very comfy saddle. I assembled a new bike about 4 months ago, and installed a new Aliante R1 on it. Same here, after 1-2 hours i have to start changing position.
However i adjusted saddle angle doesn't help. So, back to old Aliante.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superdx

by superdx

I swapped out for an older Aliante last night, and the difference was immediate. Not once did I have to stand up and re-adjust. It's a pity that they don't even make them anymore. Gonna be rough if it ever needs a replacement.

Ebruner

by Ebruner

I just recently switched to the new one from a Sella Italia SLR. I have to say I like the Aliante, I have put 40,000 miles on various SLR's and I have recently had a few problems, and the Aliante seem to be immediately better for me. YMMV.

-Eddie