LOOK 795 or Time Skylon can't decide

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mkc

by mkc

that sucks, my size is small..

mkc

by mkc

Daveaero wrote:@mkc that's going to be sweet man enjoy. I love the Q-rings that's what I'm looking to do also. I never rode the Skylon but it's and interesting bike to me. It's funny I just spoke with a TIME distributor who told me that Time factory is on break because in France they take the month off...viva la France! lol seems bad for business though heh?

@Daveaero I was just told that the Q-rings are not compatible with the ZED-3 crank so it will not be possible to change them... just thought I would let you know.

With regards to the TIME factory being off, its also like that with LOOK which is why my bike will arrive mid to late sept.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daveaero

by Daveaero

mkc wrote:
Daveaero wrote:@mkc that's going to be sweet man enjoy. I love the Q-rings that's what I'm looking to do also. I never rode the Skylon but it's and interesting bike to me. It's funny I just spoke with a TIME distributor who told me that Time factory is on break because in France they take the month off...viva la France! lol seems bad for business though heh?

@Daveaero I was just told that the Q-rings are not compatible with the ZED-3 crank so it will not be possible to change them... just thought I would let you know.

With regards to the TIME factory being off, its also like that with LOOK which is why my bike will arrive mid to late sept.

Thanks for the update, the Q rings were definitely something I wanted. That's a bit odd since the other pro-team frame was compatible. I can get this years colors in a few places in my area so I'll see. So, if you can't use the Q rings I guess you'll just have to keep the Zed 3 crank. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, I believe the difference between Zed2 and Zed 3 is that the latter is presumably more aero. Whatever you decide good luck and keep us posted if you can I appreciate the information.

Daveaero

by Daveaero

@tomyboy123 yeah that's about my size too, but I'm not too comfortable about international bike orders. I've never order a bike from overseas. It's a beautiful picture and background it highlights the bike well. But, this particular frame isn't too difficult to buy in my area. But, I'll keep this in mind thanks for the response.

shn750

by shn750

If anyone is planning on running Campy EPS on the 795, it won't fit the current frame. The EPS V2 battery location won't fit inside the seat tube because the frame is too narrow at that waterbottle mount. Look USA confirmed this to me in an email. He did mentioned that Look France was looking at 'possibly making an adapter but haven't confirmed. I think making an adapter at the seat post to mount like the di2 battery would be easy to do.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Who drives Campy EPS anyway... :noidea:

howto

by howto

of corse campy eps v2 fits in the 795. Using this combination since march 2015. You have to put the PU into the downtube. With the new V3 PU the installation should be easy as with the shimano DI 2 or maybe the sram etap :mrgreen:

Edenmain

by Edenmain

Is there a garmin mount for the 795 stem or the look adh bars?

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Edenmain wrote:Is there a garmin mount for the 795 stem or the look adh bars?

No.
There are no mounting holes at the bottom of the Look stem or bars.. :noidea:

rockbite

by rockbite

Look is nice but too many issues with the internals......Also...the TIME ride is unbeatable and workmanship..... Thus i went Skylon all the way..... New wheels Campy Ultra 50 Clinchers.... Smooth as butter now. (Sorry pic is not the best)

mkc

by mkc

Edenmain wrote:Is there a garmin mount for the 795 stem or the look adh bars?

I mounted my garmin monitor onto the aerostem of the bike using the rubber bands provided by garmin and it is secure.

mkc

by mkc

My new bike finally arrived :)

AJS914

by AJS914

Beautiful!!!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have a Look 795 waiting for a new stem (it got shipped without one). Going to fit Campagnolo Record to it and I already have some of my wheels to go on. It certainly a bold look and I had better not be slow on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Perfect! The new Look zed 3 crankset is so hot and the LWs of course...