Campagnolo Record EPS V1..worth it?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Graeme, since you mentioned the 12v cable, where do you get one? Part number? Even Campagnolo says only to use their cables, but they do not list one. Now, my wife has never said I was a genius, but I never found anything more than the manual saying to use the right one and not to leave it hooked up to the car [otherwise the car battery will go dead].

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Hi Butcher -
it's a standard off-the-shelf item, like the cable from wall socket to charger.
Campag don't supply one.
HTH
Graeme
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antimony360

by antimony360

Can any of you describe the v1 battery failure modes? I had mine fail shortly after install, just been shipped a replacement v1 which has started to fail in exactly the same way:
solid green light on the interface, then suddenly dead, no response to levers or buttons. That's how the first unit started to fail, then eventually stopped holding a charge completely.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

My v1 was just a few months old. The date code was the biggest evidence that the shop used. The main issue was that the system did not work at all. When the system was turned on/off or the battery removed/installed it would work again.