Can Bora Ultra's (pre 2009) become HG 11 sp compatible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clm2206

by clm2206

Hello,

I own a Campagnolo Bora Ultra wheelset (2008 maybe), the ones just before the introduction of the Bora Two. They are now Campy compatible, having a FH-BO015 freewheel body. I´d like to sell this wheelset, but I don't know if they can be converted to Shimano HG 11 sp, since newest Boras hub body is different from mine. In pre Shimano 11 sp days, installing a WH-KX2 would have did the trick, but that freewheel body is not, afaik, 11 sp compatible. I'd like to know if a FH-BO015X1 (Shimano SRAM 9-10-11 sp) freewheel body will fit in my rear wheel. Any thoughts?

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I have original Bora Ultras, 11sp Shimano converted with official freehub coming from Campagnolo, can't name the part number though as I ordered it through my local LBS, didn't look for it myself.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

clm2206

by clm2206

mrlobber wrote:I have original Bora Ultras, 11sp Shimano converted with official freehub coming from Campagnolo, can't name the part number though as I ordered it through my local LBS, didn't look for it myself.

Really? ... Great!!, so please, would you please be kind enough to ask your LBS the Campy part number? Thanks so much in advance.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Found the box in my spare parts bin with the old freehub in it :D

The box says FH-BUU015X1, HG 11/10/9 FW body f/alu axle. Hope this helps.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Timujin

by Timujin

campy 11 wheel works fine on a shimano 11psd drivetrain... and vice versa.....tried and tested

clm2206

by clm2206

mrlobber wrote:Found the box in my spare parts bin with the old freehub in it :D

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your parts bin digging !!!

clm2206

by clm2206

mrlobber wrote:Found the box in my spare parts bin with the old freehub in it :D

So old Bora Ultra body hubs are compatible with 2015 Eurus, Shamal, Bullet and the like body hubs, but not anymore with 2015 Bora body hubs.

964Cup

by 964Cup

If you're running 11-speed, you don't need to change the freehub. Campag and Shimano 11-speed spacing is as close to the same as makes no difference. Obviously ultralight Campag cassettes are a lot more expensive, but you have to factor in the freehub cost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com