Large medium sized helmets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rush

by Rush

I've found the POC medium quite roomy on my head. I have to dial in the adjustment quite a way in order to get a snug fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gtinut

by gtinut

I am one of those that find Giro to be not fitting at all.
For long time I used Bell (Volt) but current helmets are not as good as in the past.
I found Kask and Lazer fitting me the best.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Spesh medium was too small, Spesh large too big.

Spiuk Nexion one size works really well and isn't comically oversized on the outside.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Specialized Airnet in medium fits my large head well!

Marin

by Marin

I have a 59cm head and Giro M fit me well (I have 4). Not much extra space, and I can feel when I need a haircut, but not umcomfortable.

I'm currently looking at the new BBB Tithon, but M only goes up to 58cm there... need to re-measure my head ;)

CeeJayCee

by CeeJayCee

I have a Medium (55-58) Uvex Ultrasonic. My head is 58cm however there is a good bit of additional space in it so it would fit some one with a 59cm head. Its the neatest helmet I have ever seen and I absolutely love it and continually get compliments about it. The inner 'cage' is also height adjustable so it can be fitted perfectly to suit headshape.

https://www.bike24.com/p243901.html

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'm also 59cm around and I have just got a new Kask Mojito in a Large and it's beyond comfy, such a good fit.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

R350

by R350

I'm gonna take the leap on a Mavic Ksyrium Helmet anyone had any experience with this helmet?

ScottK

by ScottK

I always look for the smallest helmet that can comfortably wear as most mediums are too snug and most larges too roomy. After trying many brands and models I had settled on the Giro Anon M but with a winter liner it was right on the edge so I then switched to the Smith Overtake MIPS which has a tiny bit more room and is the new "leader in the clubhouse". Very pleased with the Smith.

TimW

by TimW

59cm here too. Giro and Met helmets a no go although more to do with shape I suspect. I found LAS Victory or Kask Protone both great.

SuperflyRick

by SuperflyRick

Kask size M is between 54 and 58 cm, it fits absolutly great.

phillipivan

by phillipivan

I was in a similar boat. I found a few helmets that fit ok in a medium, some Spesh and Kask models. However, they did not leave enough room for a skull cap or cycling cap, or perhaps even a full head of hair. For me that was a deal breaker, as I would freeze over the winter road race season, so I just ponied up for a large. I suppose the especially flush could splurge for a medium summer helmet and a large winter helmet, but really...

wobbly

by wobbly

+1 for the Mojito too

Has anyone replaced the pads inside ??