Pimping out my bike - Bianchi Sempre Pro 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

baldeagle

by baldeagle

Having only discovered this site recently and looking at the knowledge and responses people get I thought this was the best place to post this. I have been cycling for a few years but I am not that clued into all the different brands and components to use so was hoping for some guidance.

I am looking to upgrade my current bike to a good spec and make it lighter. I am getting a new winter frame (probable a De Rosa Milano) and then moving the current spec from my good bike over to the winter bike. Basically, I will be left with a Sempre Pro frame to build up over the winter! Hoping to have the bike built by next March so I have plenty of time to hold out for deals etc.

I have already another thread on here with a few questions about Campag groupsets. So I am more or less certain I will be going with campag.

The seat post, stem and handlebars are one are that I would def like to improve but there are that many options out there I don't know where to start. I have a matt black frame so I would like to try keep that colour scheme.

Any recommendations on what brands? I was looking at Fizik saddles, 3T seat posts and handlebars. Going to try and stick with a £1500 budget for the upgrades.

Im sure wheels are a total separate area to look at so I can deal with that later.

Thanks in advance.

The current spec is the following:

[i]Bianchi B4P Sempre Pro Ultegra 11Sp Bike Carbon UD Black 2014 Specification:

Frame : SEMPRE, carbon monocoque, bb set PF30, UTSS, compatible mechanical and electronic
Seatpost Clamp : "X Carbon System" 36mm, Black, with Bianchi logo
Headset : Fsa Orbit C-40-ACB ; NO.42/ACB, Sealed 1-1/8 ACB Top, 1.5" ACB Btm (for 46/56mm Head Tubes)
Fork : Full Carbon B4P 28"- 300mm - 1.5" - ss56mm
Top Cap : FSA Alloy top cap, 1 1/8" (28.6mm OD x 21-26.2mm ID)
Shifters : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp ST-6800, ULTEGRA 2sp LEFT, ST-6800, ULTEGRA 11sp RIGHT
Rear Derailleur : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp RD-6800, 11sp , Compatible with low gear 23-28T for double
Front Derailleur : Shimano Veloce Ultegra 11 sp FD-6800 ULTEGRA Double & Rear 11so Brazed-on Type
Crankset : Fsa Gossamer Compact, BB30 System, Forged 6066 arm, ring 3mm Stamped AL7075 , 170-172,5-175mm x 110mmBCD x 50/34t 10sp Compatible N10
Bottom Bracket : included in the crankset the BB-PF-6000/CZ/Di2
Chain : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp, 110 links
Cassette : Shimano Ultegra 11sp 11-28T, 11sp
Brake : FSA Gossamer AL6061, reach 40-50mm
Front Hub : Racing 28H Black Anodized with Alloy QR
Rear Hub : ALLOY 28H black anodized, two sealed bearing,steel body; with QR
Spoke : Inox 2mm - BLACK
Wheelset: Kysrium Elite S
Tyre : Hutchinson Equinox 2 700 x 23, 66TPI, Dual compound
Inner Tube : Kenda 700C Light-weight , 48MM
Stem : Reparto Corse body Alloy 6061, raise -7, UD Carbon wrapped faceplate, height 40mm, 1 1/8"
Handlebar : Reparto Corse Compact, Flat Top, alloy 6061 diam. 31,8mm, reach 126mm, drop 77 mm, black
Tape : La Spirale Ribbon cork + new plug carbon look with Bianchi logo
Seatpost : Reparto Corse Carbon shaft, 2D forged alloy head, 25mm offset, L350 , 31,6mm,
Saddle : San Marco Era Dynamic, carbon steel rail, length/wide 277x135
Bottle Cage : Elite Paron Race composit material
Water Bottle : Elite Bianchi modello Hydra
[/i]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

I'd weigh the stock cockpit before replacing. Some stuff can be boat anchors but if you have a decent alloy bar ~240-260g it might not give you your best bang for your buck to upgrade.
I'd look at wheels, definitely some campy shifts and rails and throw a hollowgram (2nd hand) on there! On that budget you could get your hands on some light handbuilt alloys.

For me the devil is in the details, go 3rd party for some light brakes, even on campy I'd go with the new red22 cassette.
Light tubes tires skewers, evo si expander, saddle,bottle cages, bar tape - these are small things that can make a huge difference on the scales.

baldeagle

by baldeagle

Cheers for the reply!

I should add that I am currently 90kgs and 6ft! So I am well aware the biggest saving on weight is myself, I have lost 5/6kgs and would love to lose another 8kgs. I just thought I should put my current weight up so that people don't recommend wheels that I would snap haha

baldeagle

by baldeagle

prebsy wrote:I'd weigh the stock cockpit before replacing. Some stuff can be boat anchors but if you have a decent alloy bar ~240-260g it might not give you your best bang for your buck to upgrade.
I'd look at wheels, definitely some campy shifts and rails and throw a hollowgram (2nd hand) on there! On that budget you could get your hands on some light handbuilt alloys.

For me the devil is in the details, go 3rd party for some light brakes, even on campy I'd go with the new red22 cassette.
Light tubes tires skewers, evo si expander, saddle,bottle cages, bar tape - these are small things that can make a huge difference on the scales.

This may sound stupid but I would like to try and keep the bike and groupset italian. But definitely up for suggestions on what the experts on here recommend.

victorduraace

by victorduraace

Get some nice tires and spend rest on bike holidays
losing weight via riding is most efficient way to do it
also going superlight alloy wheels will mean they are going to be flexy and 90kg will rip eyelets from light alloy rims soon
get nice fitting saddle, bartape, decent 25c tires and clock these miles :)

baldeagle

by baldeagle

victorduraace wrote:Get some nice tires and spend rest on bike holidays
losing weight via riding is most efficient way to do it
also going superlight alloy wheels will mean they are going to be flexy and 90kg will rip eyelets from light alloy rims soon
get nice fitting saddle, bartape, decent 25c tires and clock these miles :)

Currently looking for a saddle! Ive over 5000 mile on current saddle and it's still not comfortable. Over 5000 mile on my winter saddle and it's much more comfortable but still not right!

Bike holidays are going to get me divorced. I have been in Tenerife this year and was over in the Alps a few weeks ago. Unreal. Definitely going to get the club to head over to the Alps next summer for a holiday.

victorduraace

by victorduraace

So I would suggest getting various Fizik or Spec saddles, test models are available
cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zillion

by zillion

how about wheelset?

mavic SLR or SLE.