New Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bigfloor

by bigfloor

How about this stuff to seal the cut in the tyre ?

http://www.effettomariposa.eu/en/produc ... latex-zot/

It helps the latex inside the tube to seal/harden quicker.
Am not sure this wiuld work with other brans of latex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shonanmike

by shonanmike

I live in Japan and the roads are clean. About one puncture every two years. New Pro One front punctured on the first ride. Micro-cut in one of the grooves. Pretty sure those grooves are useless.

Curious George

by Curious George

Got a set of the S-ones today.
Dry mounted the front to ensure they will fit...no dramas (Giant defy)
First impression:
-well made;
-Stiff bead;
-Light!

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Where did you get the S ones?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Curious George

by Curious George

rainerhq wrote:Where did you get the S ones?

fleabay from the US

nealjp

by nealjp

shonanmike wrote:I live in Japan and the roads are clean. About one puncture every two years. New Pro One front punctured on the first ride. Micro-cut in one of the grooves. Pretty sure those grooves are useless.

I do remember reading somewhere that the grooves are cosmetic. Schwalbe rep mentioned that the idea that grooves help disperse water is a myth that won't go away.

toastie

by toastie

fitted a pair of 23's on dura ace 9000 c24 rims and did my first ride today in the pouring rain my observations are these.

1 weighed 249g the other 253g so over the claimed 235g
they are easy to fit i put them on using no tyre levers just my hands but that may have as much to do with the rims as the tyres
i used 30ml of sealant and they pumped straight up using a track pump with no problem
on wet roads i am amazed at how grippy they are, I've yet to try them in the dry but on a rainy day in the UK they are confidence inspiring

without doubt the best tyres I've ever ridden on ( remember I've only doe one 20 mile ride in the rain )

CamW

by CamW

My friend put a pair on for a bike race on the weekend set up tubeless. Got a massive split (can put a couple of fingers through it) between the tread and the bead. Described them as "a 25mm tyre which is as wide as a 23mm Continental, as supple as a garden hose filled with concrete and as much wet-weather grip as an icecube on a linoleum floor. But hey, at least they're expensive!"

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Sounds like someone who had a bad experience with them. I've only used mine in rain too, but haven't ridden more than a couple hundred one on them so far. Zero punctures,splits, cuts or traction issues. I reckon they feel every bit as good as the conti GP4000s II's I had on before. But I have more faith in puncture resistance from the tubeless set up.
Having said that they are not as nice to ride as my tubulars carbon wheels. But much of that could be the to the rim material and wheel design. Although I suspect the 320tpi cotton casing of the tubulars does contribute to superior feel.
Last edited by mr4fox on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

shimmeD

by shimmeD

Chur Cam, that sounds overly harsh, even if they were your friend's words. I think we need more info when such strong words are used eg what pressure(s) did your friend use? I'm 55kg and I run mine about 60psi on Pacenti v1 when I first pump them up (a lot less when I keep on riding without checking/inflating for a few days); nothing like tubs but concrete is a word I'd steer well clear of.
Less is more.

CamW

by CamW

Yeah, you are correct. I think he was pretty grumpy as it took him well out of the race. I suspect his garden hose and grip comments are probably overly harsh but the massive hole in the side of the tire is concerning.

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Hmm sounds like he probably hit something sharp at speed. I wonder if any other tyre would have faired any better?

upside

by upside

I totally love these tires... roll very fast and ride as nice as any tubular I have owned over the last 30+ years.
Last edited by upside on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ

by CBJ

upside wrote:I totally love these tires... roll very fast and ride as nice as any tubular I have owned over the last 30= years.

How many miles do you have on them? Durability? What kinds of road do you ride on?

thp

by thp

Any comparisons to Vittoria Tubeless option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com