New Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The roads in the netherlands are nice though and your cycle lanes are bliss. Also not much flint or sharp stuff so the pro ones will survive better. how well the pro ones do oregan/washington state will depend on how much sharp stuff there is on the roads. If your vittoria corsa get sliced the the pro one will also. Also the pro one does not grip in the wet like the corsa does.

xterrastrial Even when commuting with my two big panniers all I have in them is a hand pump, 60 ml bottle of sealant, worms (1.5mm and 3.5mm wide) applicator. I carry the same on 200+ mile rides. I think I might have some CO2 in the panniers but I wont use it. I dont pack levers and certainly no tube. I know the IRC tyres on the velocity ailerons I use have a very secure lock so I can and I have ridden the tyres flat for over 10 miles so even if I shred the tyre I can carry on. CO2 can help seal a puncture that wont seal but it generally finishes of what sealant you had. I would rather stick a worm in and that why I carry two sizes so any hole that can be plugged will be. I currently have the MaXalami worms as they are the only ones I have found with the 3.5mm size. Been caught before like others have with a big holes and a small worm...... good thing I can ride the bike on a flat tyre.

If your tyre falls away from the rim with no pressure then you must carry a tube and levers.

The one thing I have never been is stranded with tubeless.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

bm0p700f - your contribution to the tubeless knowledge base is alway welcome - thanks. Have you ever used Dynaplug? Same basic tech as the worms.

Sounds like I am going to find out how tough these tires are and if the endurance sealant is up to the job.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Plugs definitely work. Back when I was a user of road tubeless I once put 4 plugs into a giant hole in my IRC Formula Pro. It worked, but I had nothing with me to clip the excess plug until I got to a gas station and borrowed some side-cutters. The slapping excess plug marred up the clear coat on my chainstay. Carry a razor blade with you if you use plugs!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

dynaplugs are not as widely available here, maybe you can get them in car spares shops but I dont go in there. Also worms work so why carry something esle.

tomee

by tomee

looking for some help, ive stupidly let one of my tyres sit for too long deflated and now when i try to pump them up one part of the bead is deformed the tyre so one side always never stretches its bead to the rim lip. it just sits in the channel.

anyone else had this issue and been able to rectify?
I've tried it with a tube to see if i could stretch the bead back out but it still does it.
I've used heaps of soapy water but no luck

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

How much pressure did you use? sometimes it takes some gentle persuasion with lot's of air to make it pop out. Dit you clean the inside of the tire/bead and the rim as well?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Frankie - B wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:05 am
How much pressure did you use? sometimes it takes some gentle persuasion with lot's of air to make it pop out. Dit you clean the inside of the tire/bead and the rim as well?
yep.. my front did fine with 100psi... but my rear wheel had to have like 120+ to finally seal up.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:19 am
Frankie - B wrote:
yep.. my front did fine with 100psi... but my rear wheel had to have like 120+ to finally seal up.
What rim, tape, tape width, etc. are you using?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:46 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Frankie - B wrote:
Enve 2.2, stans,25mm.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Orlok

by Orlok

spdntrxi wrote:
Frankie - B wrote:
Whow, for me that's too much.! I (95kg) put 5,5bar (80psi) in the front and 6bar (90psi) in the rear tire and they are Schwalbe Pro One 23mm.! :wink:
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:

Enve 2.2, stans,25mm.
Were they failing to seal near the “patch” by any chance? I would try other tapes. I had initial sealing issues with Stan’s/Tesa 4289. Fewer issues with sealing using Scotch 8896, and the best luck with green powdercoat masking tape from Amazon.

Orlok

by Orlok

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:12 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:

Enve 2.2, stans,25mm.
Were they failing to seal near the “patch” by any chance? I would try other tapes. I had initial sealing issues with Stan’s/Tesa 4289. Fewer issues with sealing using Scotch 8896, and the best luck with green powdercoat masking tape from Amazon.
Try the Schwalbe Tubeless tape, they only need 1 layer for road pressures.!
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Orlok wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:
Frankie - B wrote:
Whow, for me that's too much.! I (95kg) put 5,5bar (80psi) in the front and 6bar (90psi) in the rear tire and they are Schwalbe Pro One 23mm.! :wink:
This is just the pressure to get the tire to fully seat .. I reduce it later I run the front at 85 and rear 90 when riding. No problems. Next tires I will try the Silca premium tape. I used one of those chamber floor pumps and not a compressor which would probably be faster to seat the tire then my pump.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

tomee

by tomee

Frankie - B wrote:
tubeless pressure only reaches 30psi before the air leaks out of the spot where the bead wont sit and i cant get anymore pressure in.
ive put a tube in it again and pumped it up to 80psi and still cant get it to seat properly.

i think this tyre is shagged

piit79

by piit79

Thought I'd share my experience putting Pro Ones on my Light Bicycle 46 mm deep 21 mm wide hoops. I was preparing for a great struggle as I had trouble putting GP 4000s IIs on and broke two levers in the process so I was expecting even worse with the tubeless tyres.

Well, perhaps my preparation paid off - it was easier than putting tubeless tyres on my MTB :-) I used a very thin tape (a single layer of Schwalbe high-pressure 23 mm tape) which probably helped. I was able to put one bead on with my bare hands with not much struggle and the other went on fairly easily with the help of two tyre levers. I had the Schwalbe Easy Fit lubricant ready but didn't actually use it. I just aligned the beads in the rim well and used a CO2 cartridge to quickly inflate. The rest of the single cartridge was even enough to partially inflate the second tyre which I then topped up with a floor pump.

Needless to say I was extremely happy to get the job done so easily and quickly.

Got Orange Seal Endurance ready but haven't put any in yet as I won't be riding my main bike for a while - still too wintery here :) I bought the new Giant applicator syringe that will allow me to put the sealant in without clogging up the expensive Silca 60 mm tubeless valves (didn't want to use extensions and DT Swiss 63 mm were way too long while LifeLine 55 mm ones were sadly too short).
IMG_20180215_223447.jpg
The Pro Ones 25 inflate to 28 mm width and line up with the rim perfectly :) Imagine the (milli)watts of aero savings! :D
IMG_20180215_224227.jpg
2016 Giant Defy Advanced SL disc built up from a well-used frame, a mix of DA R9100 and 9000, and Light Bicycle 46 mm rims

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com