New Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
justaute

by justaute

FWIW... Found an interesting, technical review of the to-be-introduced, new tubeless tires from Schwalbe. Thought I'd share it here. I believe the new tires will be available in late September.

The combination of lighter weight, lower rolling interesting, and needing less sealant is quite intriguing.

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... eless-2016

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Excellent review. I certainly need to get my hands on these.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

That should be just in time for my supply of regular tubeless Ones running out. Excellent. That's a really significant weight loss, and if it doesn't reduce the ride quality or grip, I can't see any reason to run regular clinchers for training or general use.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Now I'm truly interested in what the 23mm weighs.

jano

by jano

Schwalbe says the 23mm one weighs 235 grams.
http://roadbikeaction.com/features/rba- ... road-tires

jeffy

by jeffy

interesting that only 20ml of sealant is needed

F45

by F45

Losing 10psi/day means about every 10 days you'll end up completely replacing the air in the tire, assuming you're riding every day. If you let it leak down to zero it would obviously take longer. But what this means is that the sealant is going to harden quickly and need to be replaced. That could be a bother.

jeffy

by jeffy

going from 110psi to 100psi in one day is not necessarily the same as -

F45 wrote:Losing 10psi/day means about every 10 days ......

MRM

by MRM

CO2 is more rubber soluble than the other molecules air consists of (Oxygen, Nitrogen etc), so the loss of pressure could also be mainly a loss of CO2 in the tire. You could re-inflate it and again just lose the small amount of CO2 until you eventually reach your desired pressure. This is also why the tire goes flat overnight when you have a flat and re-inflate with a CO2 canister.

I'm not saying this was definitely the case, but it could be a reason. Need a longer term test to verify.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Someone remind me which team it was that used these tyres during the pave stage of The Tour?

wojchiech

by wojchiech

IAM, according to this article

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

That just sounds like the tyre is leaking some air - try leaving them on a bucket sideways so the sealant can lie against the sidewalls.
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Wow, looks like the claimed weight of the 23mm is even lighter than the Atom Galactik Road Tubeless. Now I'm wondering what the actual weight will be like. If it's anywhere near the claimed weight, might have to convert tubeless next year! As my stock of tires should be finished by sometimes next year. The cost though.....

jeffy

by jeffy

read somewhere than the claimed weight is significantly under the reality sadly.

Hutchinson Sector 26 will be interesting when it is released (and how it compares with a Pro One 25)

justaute

by justaute

That could be interesting regarding the 23mm, given that the claimed-vs-actual for the 25mm seems pretty close.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com