New Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
velomane

by velomane

What's special about the VAR levers and what is the device in the second pic?

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

these are not tire levers, they are a tire bead jack tool to "easily pull a tight tire bead over a rim without damaging and eliminates the risk of piercing a tube." (ignore the tube part)

the first one is something that you can put on your jersey pocket and the second is more of a full size home tool

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velomane

by velomane

Ah, I see. Thanks, will have to seek something like that out.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Just recived the S-One´s. Not mounted yet.
339g
344g
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

defride

by defride

Returned the over tight One Pro and received the replacement today.

Straight on, straight up, no problem at all, able to get it on without tools.

Put this one on the scales, 225g for a 23

jeffy

by jeffy

no sign of 25mm yet : (

RickyKong

by RickyKong

Reduced weight is the bit pros!!

The only one dissatisfaction when I rode with One tubeless is weight.

sovereign

by sovereign

jeffy wrote:no sign of 25mm yet : (

And no S-Ones anywhere. Schwalbe should fire their production manager/market research people.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

In the country where they make the tires, I have been searching everywhere for Pro-One, seems nobody has the 25mm.
While some vendors have 23 and 28mm.

Anybody can tell the difference in feeling compare to the Schwalbe One? (previous model). Considering the "one' while waiting for the Pro One.

A.W

Chrisisism

by Chrisisism

defride wrote:Returned the over tight One Pro and received the replacement today.

Straight on, straight up, no problem at all, able to get it on without tools.

Put this one on the scales, 225g for a 23

Receiver my 23's yesterday

250 and 260 grams

refthimos

by refthimos

I got my pair of 25mms yesterday. Will try to remember to weigh them and post tonight.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

defride

by defride

Bit of thread resurrection

Have had the Pro's on for a bit now and they've been generally good. Very light, rolling resistance does seem better still than the standard One and they feel pretty grippy and confidence inspiring when turning in. Compared to the One's though they begin to slide under heavy braking a little more quickly which has been disconcerting a couple of times. Pretty happy from a performance point of view though.

The tubeless set up has been less successful, had one tyre that was really problematic going on but setup has generally been painless. Stan's sealant didn't do a great job at sealing those slightly bigger than a pin hole punctures we get from flint around here so switched to Stan's Race sealant which does a great job of sealing the bigger holes.

There is a bit of a problem though. In every tubeless tyre I've previously run the sealant goes in and you could expect to still have sealant sloshing around in the bottom of the tyre a few weeks later.

What I'm finding with the Pro's is that with both Stan's and Stan's Race sealant the latex is separating out from the liquid carrier and coagulating on the inner surface of the tyre within a couple of days or so leaving just some slightly sticky liquid that doesn't seal a hole.

Anyone else found this to be a problem?

Kongbop

by Kongbop

I'm using that with my hed ardennes black wheels.

Run smoothly and perfect.

peted76

by peted76

defride wrote:Bit of thread resurrection

Have had the Pro's on for a bit now and they've been generally good. Very light, rolling resistance does seem better still than the standard One and they feel pretty grippy and confidence inspiring when turning in. Compared to the One's though they begin to slide under heavy braking a little more quickly which has been disconcerting a couple of times. Pretty happy from a performance point of view though.

The tubeless set up has been less successful, had one tyre that was really problematic going on but setup has generally been painless. Stan's sealant didn't do a great job at sealing those slightly bigger than a pin hole punctures we get from flint around here so switched to Stan's Race sealant which does a great job of sealing the bigger holes.

There is a bit of a problem though. In every tubeless tyre I've previously run the sealant goes in and you could expect to still have sealant sloshing around in the bottom of the tyre a few weeks later.

What I'm finding with the Pro's is that with both Stan's and Stan's Race sealant the latex is separating out from the liquid carrier and coagulating on the inner surface of the tyre within a couple of days or so leaving just some slightly sticky liquid that doesn't seal a hole.

Anyone else found this to be a problem?

Yes, however never having run tubeless other than schwalbes in know no different. I'd put this down to the tyres seeping air through them, of which schwalbe say is normal...?

chpfly

by chpfly

Just got a set of the S-One

328g
332g

not easy going on my ENVE M50's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com