11 speed campagnolo and IRC 11-32 Cassette?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Use the ultegra 12-32 11 speed cassette. It worked on my Tarmac sl4 in combination with Campa Record 2013 with compact crankset (50/34 chainrings). Keep in mind that you must be careful when shifting. Shifting 50-32 is not a good idea. ;-) Bikerjulio is right. It depends on the frame and lenght of the RD hanger, but it is worth a try.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Zinn over at Velonews just posted an interesting Q&A tip for getting a bit more upper pulley large sprocket clearance. Basically, it may be of use if you find that you have maxxed out your tension screw (B-screw in shimano terminology, is it H-screw for campy?) or even tried reversing it/installing a longer one and you are still getting contact between pulley and 32t. What you do is remove the derailleur from the bike and insert a spacer/washer of about 1-2mm between the hanger and derailleur. This will have the effect of moving the derailleur outward slightly which moves the plane at which the parallelogram operates down slightly. You will need to reset your limit screws obviously, but by the time the derailleur has swung far enough inward to hit the 32 the pulley will be slightly lower than it would otherwise be.

aceracer70

by aceracer70

I'm sure a very old post,but I was very interested in the Athena triple rear derailleur. I've got one on mine, with the rest of the gruppo being Athena 11 speed as well.
Ussd with 50/38, and have used it with 48/34, with a 11-34 Shimano cassette. Getting all the gears is no problem, but I have an issue with chain tension, especially with 11 on the back 50 on the front. It's so bad, when I stop pedalling the chain comes into contact with the top of the chainstay. Still happens on the 13, to a lesser degree. I've played with B screw, chain length, freewheel pawl lubrication (DT Swiss wheels)
Anyone had this issue?
Cheers