Fizik saddle, hurting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Thanks for you replies.

I had a Selle Italia fit and I seem to be an S3

I want a carbon saddle, just for the bling and the little comfort that it adds.

The only Carbon Selle I can get is an S2, the only carbon S3 fit is a SLR Superflow Tekno, but that's a lightweight saddle and more of a bling/poser saddle apparently.

Luke

survivor

by survivor

When I was putting together my new bike, I wanted to go with Fizik saddle as well. But my fitter advise me against it. He has too many customers that have issues with Fizik saddles that he wouldn't recommend me to go with Fizik.

That said, saddle is a very personal thing, Fizik may fit someone the best but might hurt someone very much as well. Keep on trying and when you found one that fits you, just stick with it. I have mates who bought several similar saddles and store them just in case the manufacture discontinue the current model that they are very comfortable with. Sometimes when manufacturer refresh their model, the shape, fit and form may change ever so slightly as well. For some that small change is enough to make them uncomfortable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I try and pick up used saddles on ebay when I want to try one. Then, if it doesn't work out you can sell it for little or zero loss.

dereksantamonica

by dereksantamonica

Comfort certainly has little to do with price. I rode a Prologo Evo for a while; wasn't great but wasn't horrible and it was cheap. Just recently sprung for a Fizik Antares 00 and it's brutal in my ass's opinion. What I settled on was a China carbon shell w/no padding for $28 and it's shockingly comfortable.