Campag & SRAM mix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Hello, I'm looking to pop a SRAM Force 22 chainset on my winter bike but I'm running Campag at the moment. Has anybody done this before and how was the front shifting for you using a Campag chain over SRAM rings?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I'm running a Record 11s chain on my TT bike on an FSA solid 10s TT ring and I have no issues at all... can't speak specifically for SRAM though...

mrgray

by mrgray

i've read multiple people saying that campag chain on sram cassette is OK. good way to lose weight too.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

audiojan

by audiojan

Not a problem at all. I'm using Quarq power meters on two of my bikes and my wife has Quarq on 3 of hers. All with Campy Record and SR, both EPS and mechanical. Using KMC X11SL chains with all though.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Why?

Is your chainset worn out, and it looks a reasonably priced replacement?
From what i've seen of sram bottom brackets, they only last 2 minutes, which isn't great for a UK winter.

Powertorque isnt particualrly winter friendly either, which is why im on the latest 105 4 arm chainset for the winter bike (cheap online) with a hope stainless BB....

Shifting wise, you'll be fine on whatever path you choose.
Official cafe stop tester

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Thanks all for your input.

@jekyll man: I'm running a 2011 UT Campag Record c/set at the mo and it's starting to look a little tired and I swear there's a hairline crack in one of the spider arms. Probably best to replace it to be fair - it's still on the original rings!

The Force 22 c/set caught my eye and isn't too badly priced - as you quite rightly pointed out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com