power2max type s or quarq elsa?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Yeah... for the InPower, right? I am not sure quite how so many companies are making single-sided measurement almost a selling point when there are plenty of good options on the market that sum both sides.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

have you gotten p2m through wet conditions? if so how bad?[/quote]

I live in bone dry Northern California, so no, mine hasn't gotten wet. I have zero reservations about riding it in the rain though.

My experience with P2M Canada has been nothing but positive too. I've purchased two units from them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cure

by cure

tk2306 wrote:I can't speak for P2M units but I have had 3 quarqs (different bb standards and multiple bikes) and have been very happy with all of them. I train around 25 hours a week and I have not had any issues. The benefit I see of a quarq over a P2M is the ability to change the slope/calibration if it matters to you. Nothing against P2M but I don't see what you are getting for $200 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya i know,so i wanted to get more insight on the quarq side. i wanted to get the old quarq 10R and i got in touch with the quarq guys who said i could send it back to get it calibrated and update with temperature compensation which comes to like $70 extra on top of used elsa so i think its affordable for me. but the issue on quarq is that i read much about ppl sending back for various reasons and it doesn't sound reliable. like if water problems or suddenly stops working and such...

the extra $200 from p2m is from the additional rings, special tool, and shipping cost...and the base cost is already like $1200... :(

what concerns me is i hear all but good things on p2m (and read) but for quarq its been more or less of what i'd like to see. but from emails i feel quarq is definitely on the ball. i think they are sick of me now but they have been more than helpful and FAST in responding.
i love udon.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I love my Quarq Red 22. Absolutely no issues. Zero, zilch, nada. Consistent power reading ride after ride. Worth every penny.

I live in Colorado and afternoon thunderstorms are unavoidable. I ride through torrential rain and no problems with the Quarq.

Quarq customer service is excellent. I bought mine new on eBay. Worried that it might be a bad deal I called Quarq up and they confirmed that the unit in question left the factory just 30 days prior to the eBay listing, using the serial number. My unit was missing the special knurled nut used for the hidden bolt hole. Quarq sent me the replacement nut, no receipt needed or questions asked. Lastly, Quarq's warranty is extended to not just the original owner. The warranty clock starts ticking with either the receipt date OR the date that it left the factory in the event a receipt is not available. So if you sell your Quarq to another owner he/she will get the two-year warranty from the date it left the factory even without a sales receipt. To me Quarq is a company that really stands behind its product.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I've owned (and busted) Quarq's before - but fully support the above. SRAM's customer support is sensational.