BMC TM01 TT Frame Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Anyone know if the Campag EPS battery works in this frame? Seems the battery compartment is Di2 specific?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Which EPS battery.. External or internal? You won't be able to bolt either down I'm sure.. The smaller internal might fit in that area.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I got in touch with a retailer in the states who contacted BMC.. he reiterated the email to me which said yes the EPS battery will fit, but we don't have a charge port for the battery, and will require removal of the seatpost to charge the battery... the email later went onto say we don't recommend using EPS on our bikes LOL

audiojan

by audiojan

I have a TM01 and there's no way the older EPS battery would fit in the "battery compartment" in the seat tube.

The new internal EPS battery would probably fit in the seat tube mounted from the top down, but without modifications, there's no place for the charging port. I bet you could open up a hole (for example the drain hole under the BB) for it.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

jano

by jano

What does this charging port look like? Is it proprietary or some sort of standard interface (mirco usb or other?).
If standard then all you need is add a cable that exits at the top of the seat post or at any other large enough hole in the frame and use it to connect the charger.