Campagnolo direct mount brake

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

noBlakes

by noBlakes

Please share where you managed to purchase? I'm after a set but still can't find them for love nor money

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I would like to know too. The UK distributor for Campagnolo has told me they won't be available until 2017!

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

mpulsiv wrote:Which forks support direct mount? Last I checked, it was only Trek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Colnago V1-r.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Canyon Aeroad

lewolive

by lewolive

This is something great to have now another big brand with direct mount brakes.
It's probably a good thing to have to points of attachment on the frame in order to share forces applied and maximize the stiffness.
However, they remain very heavy and there are major sources of weight savings on this product on both Shimano and Campy.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Do direct mount brakes work better, smoother, than the best "normal mount" brakes from Shimano or Campagnolo? I've never used them. What are the advantages/disadvantages?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

noBlakes

by noBlakes

Not professing to be an engineer of any kind, but they take away the back block of a standard brake, so there's probably stiffer meaning they're slightly more powerful, modulate better etc. (All the usual things associated with better braking) as for weight I have no clue and I can see the aero benefits being fairly minimal but there might well be a small one

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Calnago wrote:Do direct mount brakes work better, smoother, than the best "normal mount" brakes from Shimano or Campagnolo? I've never used them. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

they will always be centered also

farm_lim

by farm_lim

Mockenrue wrote:I would like to know too. The UK distributor for Campagnolo has told me they won't be available until 2017!

noBlakes wrote:Please share where you managed to purchase? I'm after a set but still can't find them for love nor money
jimborello wrote:Where did you get those brakes?? I need a set!!

got it from a the local cipo distributor here in HK.
these were supposed to go on their NK1K frames and they had a couple of extra sets that arrived.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

lowside67

by lowside67

I hope we see more framesets from major manufacturers adopt direct mount for their performance oriented frames that are not top of the price chart - think Emonda SL, SuperSix, R3, etc. While not life changing, direct mount is a totally intelligent evolution of the rim brake for those of us who don't want or need a disc.

Mark
Last edited by lowside67 on Mon May 09, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I just got a Fuji Transonic frame set and had to ditch my Red 22 brakes for the Dura Ace direct mounted brakes. Weight gained was 45 g (298 g. vs. 253 g.). The braking feel between the old vs. new is amazing. Absolutely no flex in the brake arms. IMHO direct mounted brakes is the way to go. I was also pleasantly surprised at the low price. I found some good deals on the brakes but I had to buy each side (front and rear) separately from two different vendors to get the lowest possible price. I spent $220 for the pair. The brakes are a bit difficult to install for a first-timer. But after some trial-and-error I managed to get them on without scratching the fork.

GASer

by GASer

Fit on a DeRosa SK Pininfarina

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

nismosr

by nismosr

GASer wrote:Fit on a DeRosa SK Pininfarina

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

will they fit the KING XS ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tidy looking brake. Would another 10-15mm of outer smoth the transition of that cable?
Using Tapatalk