Which Handelbar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johnson

by Johnson

If you had a choice money being no problem would you pick the ritchey WCS carbon bar or the easton EC90 Equipe? Why? I currently know i am putting a ritchey WCS stem and WCS carbon seat post on my bike, so i think it would be nice to have everything ritchey, but i am curious to hear your comments.
Life isn't about how many breaths you take, it is about how many moments take your breath away.

EpicriderGMAC

by EpicriderGMAC

Get the Ritchey WCS carbon classic bar, or the new Carbon Streem wing bar. It all depends on your bar preferences, but the classic bend Ritchey with the elliptical hood bends make for an ideal sprinting position in the drops, while still keeping the sweet-ergo spot on the hoods. The normal WCS bar has a very deep drop and a very pronounced ergo bend in the drops: I found that the bend was so great that I couldn't achieve a good sprint position with the WCS bars.

If you do lots of climbing on the tops, the WCS Streem carbon would be pretty ideal. Check it out.

The weights of Ritchey carbon WCS bars is okay, but not great. The finish on Ritchey carbon, however, is to DIE for. Well worth it just for the look, especially to match the seatpost and stem. 215-230g for the bars aren't exactly WW, but very stiff and obviously great looking.
Attachments
007WCSCarbonStreemLarge2.jpg
007WCSCarbonStreemLarge2.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 946 times
"It doesn't get any easier--You just get faster."
-Greg Lemond-

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnson

by Johnson

thanks for you reply, i think i am going to go with the ritchey classic.

More suggestions would be great
Life isn't about how many breaths you take, it is about how many moments take your breath away.

iubike

by iubike

Zipp SL, can't say enough good stuff!

K

popawheelie

by popawheelie

There are two dimentions you should be asking about besides the dia where they clamp and the width. One is the reach and the other is the drop. some people like alot of reach so when they go out on the hoods they are layed out. they have flexible backs and the bars aren't to low. Some people don't like the looks of spacers under their stem so their bars are low. The drop is kind of the same. If you are flexible and the bars aren't to low you can have more drop.
I'm not that flexible any more. I like these. It puts the hoods in my hands almost all the time. These bars are some of the least drop and reach.
They are 70 mm reach and 140 drop.
The ritchey clasics are 79 reach and 139
The WCS is 85 and 144
The Zipp B2 is 82 and 152
I got all these dimentions form here.
http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page ... 1&minor=15
Attachments
reach-drop[1].gif
reach-drop[1].gif (4.75 KiB) Viewed 853 times