201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stockae92

by stockae92

Besides fly6, is there other option for light and cam combo?

magikcat

by magikcat

quick question, will the seatpost clamp/bracket accepts 9mm saddle rails?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pyrahna

by pyrahna

magikcat wrote:quick question, will the seatpost clamp/bracket accepts 9mm saddle rails?

You will have to buy Specialized's carbon rail clamps...but other than that it works great.

twistywizard

by twistywizard

Does anyone know if a Tarmac SL3 fork will work with this?

I picked mine up second hand and need to raise the bars, but have zero room in the chopped steerer :(

I have seen a used SL3 fork for not a lot with plenty of tube for me to play with.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

twistywizard wrote:Does anyone know if a Tarmac SL3 fork will work with this?

I picked mine up second hand and need to raise the bars, but have zero room in the chopped steerer :(

I have seen a used SL3 fork for not a lot with plenty of tube for me to play with.

I don't believe so. I believe the SL3 fork has 1 1/8" bearings top and bottom. The Allez Sprint has size specific forks/lower bearing sizes like the SL5 tarmac.

twistywizard

by twistywizard

Is the Allez 1 1/8" to 1 3/8" Tapered?

What a pain. This is looking like an expensive exercise.

twistywizard

by twistywizard

Tapered from 1 1/2" bottom to 1 1/8"

I think that is correct actually.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

twistywizard wrote:Is the Allez 1 1/8" to 1 3/8" Tapered?

What a pain. This is looking like an expensive exercise.

It depends on the size of your frame. My 52s are 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" I believe. 54 & 56s are 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" I think.

Might I suggest a different solution to your problem. Try out one of the 'Hover' bars to raise your position without needing to buy a new fork. If you want to experiment on the cheap look at the aluminum ones this will give you 15mm more stack without having to get a new fork. If you want aero and more stack you can go with this

twistywizard

by twistywizard

I run a 52.

Ohh forgot about them. That’s a good idea. Thank you. I don’t need a huge amount. 15mm should do it I reckon.

:D

pyrahna

by pyrahna

twistywizard wrote:I run a 52.

Ohh forgot about them. That’s a good idea. Thank you. I don’t need a huge amount. 15mm should do it I reckon.

:D

Not a problem.....as an aside if your fork is any color other than black you will probably have a hard time getting a replacement one. All the more reason to try and figure out a way to make that one work.

morganb

by morganb

Has anyone seen any pictures of the matte black/graffiti LTD frame? I am considering getting another Sprint and that is the only frame only available in my size. Torn between one of those and the brushed silver model. I got one of the first run gold ano ones, didn't end up racing due to health issues, and traded it for what should be a nicer bike, but am still missing it and want to get back to racing next year.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

morganb wrote:Has anyone seen any pictures of the matte black/graffiti LTD frame? I am considering getting another Sprint and that is the only frame only available in my size. Torn between one of those and the brushed silver model. I got one of the first run gold ano ones, didn't end up racing due to health issues, and traded it for what should be a nicer bike, but am still missing it and want to get back to racing next year.

Search Instagram for the #allezsprint tag. A couple come up. Personally I'd go for the polished frame.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

morganb wrote:Has anyone seen any pictures of the matte black/graffiti LTD frame? I am considering getting another Sprint and that is the only frame only available in my size. Torn between one of those and the brushed silver model. I got one of the first run gold ano ones, didn't end up racing due to health issues, and traded it for what should be a nicer bike, but am still missing it and want to get back to racing next year.

Here it is... I think it is pretty bad-ass, personally.

and a close-up.

morganb

by morganb

The fork colors look way better in the picture you posted than the Specialized stock photo. Still torn on that or the silver. I wonder if they will have another LTD run after those are sold too. I don't really need the bike til March, although if I want that color I gotta get one now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

A Sagan Superstar frame just came up in my size in a bike swap that I'm in. Pre-drilled for Di2 also. Tempting.