201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pyrahna

by pyrahna

cerro: All I have right now is some crummy pics in my hallway that don't do it justice. If the rain goes away and the sun comes out I'll take a pic later today.

spoiler - Specialized knocked the Black and Blue paint job out of the park. And whomever was in charge of deciding how much uncut steerer to ship is my new corporate hero. There will be none of these bikes riding around w/ a ton of spacers, even with the super low headtube!!

nefariousintent

by nefariousintent

Im wishing they would offer the sprint with a front hangger... Perfect Road race / Crit bike.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pyrahna

by pyrahna

nefariousintent wrote:Im wishing they would offer the sprint with a front hangger... Perfect Road race / Crit bike.

I'll bite. What Crit can't you do with the stock 50T Chainring and the 11-32 cassette. Granted I live in a flat part of the country, but the only ride I did last year where I shifted out of my 53T was Six Gap. That includes a couple road races as well in foot hills.

nefariousintent

by nefariousintent

I tend to ride to some of the crits I do locally and just prefer the idea of running 2x for that. Also not a fan of the 11-32 spacing. Add to that if it was puerly for crits I wouldn't worry too much but it would also be used for longer road races I'm hoping to participate in that we have in Australia that wouldn't suit 1x
Using Tapatalk

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

wowie. 14 pounds 13oz. 52x36 11-28

nigel379

by nigel379

That blue frame is gorgeous.

natefontaine

by natefontaine

How does one come about getting one unadvertised/unreleased model? First time i've seen a front mech installed!!! Need more photo's.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Blue? Celeste Blue, perhaps?

That looks like somebody wanted a Bianchi but got a Specialized instead.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

upside

by upside

I like it and it does have a front derailleur mount.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

Sorry for the delay

mythical

by mythical

Don't you miss front shifts? Actually, I should say... I'm purposely riding singlespeed for a number of years now. Still, what were they thinking at Specialized when they decided to announced the Allez Sprint version without a front derailleur?!
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

pyrahna

by pyrahna

Quite frankly....Nope, don't miss front shifts. But I live in a pancake flat part of the world and on my previous bike someone could have welded the front derailleur on the 53T and I wouldn't have noticed. Throw on the fact I primarily race crits and I have yet to race a crit where I needed to shift the front ring. Overall I'm ecstatic with this bike. It isn't for everyone, but for the small population that it caters to it is fantastic.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

What's the news on the FD mount for these frames? Are the two featured in the above photos a custom modification?

Looking at the US models I'm really disappointed Specialized didn't spec the Aerofly handlebar as stock, especially since they come stock on the Venge.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Pottsy

by Pottsy

The 2 in the pictures belong to Specialized employees. They are custom painted frames.

2x Sprint are due "Spring"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hjb1000

by hjb1000

I checked the Colombian region Specialized website and the Allez Sprint appears to be only available in 2x.
I want this frame but I'm in AUS...