201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

I am 187 with long legs and my saddle is set at 79. Everyone has a different pedaling style, so leg length plays just a part of the fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itguy

by itguy

Was setting the Allez Sprint with components from my previous bike. Found out the Sprint seatstay can't accommodate eebrake. Sigh... Or did I set it up wrongly?Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

itguy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm
Was setting the Allez Sprint with components from my previous bike. Found out the Sprint seatstay can't accommodate eebrake. Sigh... Or did I set it up wrongly?Image

Long known about issue... it probably discussed back on page 3 or 4 or something. It doesn't effect all bikes, just the smaller sizes. I think 49, 52 and maybe 54.

Incidentally, this same issue effects the new Tarmac but ee has developed some sort of bracket to fix it. Unfortunately, the Tarmac is direct mount, not standard mount like the Allez, so the Tarmac one wouldn't work.

itguy

by itguy

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm
itguy wrote:

Long known about issue... it probably discussed back on page 3 or 4 or something. It doesn't effect all bikes, just the smaller sizes. I think 49, 52 and maybe 54.

Incidentally, this same issue effects the new Tarmac but ee has developed some sort of bracket to fix it. Unfortunately, the Tarmac is direct mount, not standard mount like the Allez, so the Tarmac one wouldn't work.
This is a 54cm frame. Really pissed that eebrake can't fit...

morganb

by morganb

itguy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:35 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
itguy wrote:

This is a 54cm frame. Really pissed that eebrake can't fit...
Bummed too, I have a set on my SL5 Tarmac and was going to transfer them over to my Sprint when I upgrade to the SL6.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
itguy wrote:

Has anyone tried the 'short arm' version they made for the new tarmac? I doubt it would work, as the tarmac also uses a spacer to angle it away...but it might be worth a try. Then again they may only make the 'short arm' in direct mount, which obviously won't work on the Allez Sprint.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pyrahna wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Has anyone tried the 'short arm' version they made for the new tarmac? I doubt it would work, as the tarmac also uses a spacer to angle it away...but it might be worth a try. Then again they may only make the 'short arm' in direct mount, which obviously won't work on the Allez Sprint.
the new Tarmac is direct mount, the Allez sprint is not, so the ee for the Tarmac will not fit.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:23 pm
pyrahna wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm

the new Tarmac is direct mount, the Allez sprint is not, so the ee for the Tarmac will not fit.
The arm part is not specific to direct mount vs. traditional. I didn't know if they sold the single bolt mount w/ the short arm.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pyrahna wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:23 pm

The arm part is not specific to direct mount vs. traditional. I didn't know if they sold the single bolt mount w/ the short arm.
I have traditional mount ee's and while I have not worked on direct mount he's myself, I did photograph a bike that had them and while the two models do look similar, if I remember correctly, they aren't exactly the same. I'd be surprised if those parts are interchangeable, but maybe I'm wrong. In any case, I don't think the arm alone would fix the issue. The Tarmac still requires the angled mount, so you'd need to buy a short arm, direct mount brake to take apart the arm and then machine a mount.

itguy

by itguy

AttacknowAttackoften wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:07 pm
"Eli,

Okay! we have a couple small parts that will replace the current adjust barrel with the wings that you have currently. These 2 small parts, include a adjuster barrel and plastic pad, that will not interfere with the aero seat tube.
The part numbers are as follows.
1 quantity AEE0112 (Legacy adjuster pad)
1 quantity AEE0113 (Legacy adjuster nut)"

I will report back here once the parts arrive.
Hi, I'm using size 54cm does these 2 things work on the rear eebrake?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

itguy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm
AttacknowAttackoften wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:07 pm
"Eli,

Okay! we have a couple small parts that will replace the current adjust barrel with the wings that you have currently. These 2 small parts, include a adjuster barrel and plastic pad, that will not interfere with the aero seat tube.
The part numbers are as follows.
1 quantity AEE0112 (Legacy adjuster pad)
1 quantity AEE0113 (Legacy adjuster nut)"

I will report back here once the parts arrive.
Hi, I'm using size 54cm does these 2 things work on the rear eebrake?
Go to page 25-26... there are pics, still rubs.

itguy

by itguy

The poster mentioned it works even with his wider wheels but it's disconcerting that the adjuster rubs against the frame. I'm looking for a spacer for the mount but not sure if that's feasible.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ImageImage

Using Tapatalk

AyBee

by AyBee

Such a good looking bike - I'm 172cm tall and ride a Giant Propel in size S (90mm stem) but can't decide whether I'd be a 52 or 54 - looking to pick one up to race on :) Help!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

AyBee wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:16 pm
Such a good looking bike - I'm 172cm tall and ride a Giant Propel in size S (90mm stem) but can't decide whether I'd be a 52 or 54 - looking to pick one up to race on :) Help!!
How many spacers are you running? I would think a 52 would make more sense as you would need an 80mm stem on the 54 to replicate your reach, additionally there isn't much slope on the top tube of the 54 so unless you have very long legs for your height you won't have much post showing.