201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

The most worthless forum member with the most followers. I deserve a trophy :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Yes, first place for most troll flame comments. Like, we get that you have ridden some cool bikes over a long period of time, but appealing to that fact does not mean posting unfounded opinions = contributions.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Anyway, enough about the personalities here.... let's move on, shall we?

Is there any more news on this frame? Perhaps from Eurobike (will also be asked in the Eurobike thread).
Some actual frame weights would be ideal.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

53x12

by 53x12

My guess is around 1100-1200g depending on size and whatnot. Maybe someone at Eurobike will be able to throw it on a scale.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

JackWalk

by JackWalk

brompton121 wrote:hum...mm :?

Please just stop. Getting your post count up like this is unacceptable. You've done stupid little comments like this on nearly every thread

Horze

by Horze

It's still not a finished product though.

They still need to SW the last remaining junction of the frame which is at the top of the seat tube with the top tube and seat stays.

Yes the rear dropouts have been SW'd for many years now by almost all aluminum frame makers.
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

awjpca

by awjpca

jeffcoles wrote:Where was the pic of the 2x Allez found? Specialized told me that they had no immedite plans to build this Allez in a 2x, only 1x.

Also curious to know this! Would love to make one a crit project build, but I don't want to buy a complete one and have SRAM on one bike, and Shimano on the other. If it's coming out towards the end of this year or beginning of next, I'm game!

Also hope that the Polished frameset will be available in Canada in a 2x setup. I can only imagine how great it must look with all black finishing kit, 45mm-60mm carbon hoops, and tan wall tires.

53x12

by 53x12

Any updates on the 2x available date?

Also, any sightings of the 1x outside of the Mike's Bikes team?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:The geo on this looks pretty attractive and if its even slightly more aero is a great race platform for a lot of riders.

Mark Cote aero engineer at Specialized wrote this on ST regarding the Allez Sprint frame. I think we will be very happy with it:

Sorry been crankin' pretty hard on projects and haven't gotten to a whitepaper....yes, the Allez Sprint is about the same drag as a gen1 Venge in low yaw. In crosswind, it doesn't sail as well so it's not quite as fast as gen 1 Venge. Suit it up with an aerofly and you've got a pretty *****in' bike.

And to those that just called out the marketing as BS or unsubstantiated - hey, we're doing our best but can't hit every channel all the time. The numbers are all legit and the aero team here on ST can run the deltas of a bike the drops CdA on the order of 0.015 m^2 versus a traditional competitor - this definitely is on the order of more than a bike length in a 200m sprint.

han1337

by han1337

Having sold my 1st gen Venge, because it was hard as a brick on my back.
Seeing this thing raises a few questions ..

I feel like Specialized is moving away from ride quality to more quantifiable things, which is a lot easier to market.
Hope they find a way in the future to combine good ride quality with aero gains.

I would like to have a aero optimized bike that is comfortable.

The Trek Madone is the only thing that looks good in that department, but all the integration is just too much for me.
I want to service my bike myself, all the integration is looking for trouble, at least the way it is solved now.

53x12

by 53x12

han1337 wrote:Having sold my 1st gen Venge, because it was hard as a brick on my back.
Seeing this thing raises a few questions ..

I feel like Specialized is moving away from ride quality to more quantifiable things, which is a lot easier to market.
Hope they find a way in the future to combine good ride quality with aero gains.

I would like to have a aero optimized bike that is comfortable.

The Trek Madone is the only thing that looks good in that department, but all the integration is just too much for me.
I want to service my bike myself, all the integration is looking for trouble, at least the way it is solved now.

Can't judge the comfort of a bike by looking at pictures of it.

I'm also of the mindset that you get more comfort from wheels, tires, tire pressure, bib shorts and saddle than the frame.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

^this^

And my experience with the ViAS (over 1000 mi now) is that it's very comfortable, especially in comparison to my V.1 Venge's.

People hate marketing yet quote it as fact later. Example being the new Madone and it constantly being touted as "comfortable and aero" by people that have likely never seen one, because Trek said it was. Now, I'm not saying it's not, and I'm sure it is, but you get the point.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Do we have any verified weights on this yet?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

53x12

by 53x12

None of my shops have any in stock yet and expect them in 4-6 weeks at the earliest.

Don't see why the claimed weight of 1100g would be too far off the real weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

Too much money for a decent aluminum frame.. from my view
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT