Prologo saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bely

by Bely

Hi there, not sure if this has been covered...I am looking at the different prologo saddles and there are so many different options! - for eg. The model scratch - there's the scratch 2, CPC, scratch nack 2.. Can anyone actually advise which scratch is most like the Aliante but lighter and less Deep

Thanking you in advance

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by 11.4

The Scratch is the shape that Prologo says is most akin to an Aliante. All the variants you describe are simply differences in rail composition, in surface texturing, hole in the middle, and so on. Shapes are all pretty much the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Scratch is the shape. CPC is the fuzzy stuff. Nack is carbon rails. PAS is a centre channel.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

There is the Scratch HWD, which has the full-carbon base. It has a concave shape along its length like the Aliante, and the padding is similar with a firm cushion, but not "hard". This Scratch is definitely the closest in shape and composition to the Aliante. Then there is the Scratch Pro and Scratch 2 Pro. These have a carbon/nylon base and the padding is definitely more firm. Also the Pro is a lot more flat in its length than the HWD or Aliante.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I'd like to revive this thread rather than start a new one. I'm interested in feedback from those who ride Prologo saddles and whether anyone would care to review their experience on the Scratch 2 CPC or the Nago Evo CPC here. Thanks...

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I have Scratch CPC version 1 and Nago EVO PAS, both nack rails. I would say the latter is the better of them.
But if you're sure you like Scratch shape better, then i should go for the PAS version and skip CPC.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

boysa

by boysa

What is there to say? Saddles are completely individual. I can tell you I've used different iterations of the Scratch since they first came out (currently on the CPC), and the quality is top rate. I can't see myself ever using something different.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Should have clarified: i.e. in comparison to other saddles. I have an old Selle San Marco but get numbness/tingling after 2+ hours; switched to a Specialized Toupe Ti and that largely remedied the problem although it's not nearly as comfortable as my old one. Only heard good things about Prologo but no bike shops near me carry it, nor any other high-end saddles for that matter. I'm not as concerned about weight here, so I'd probably go with Tirox given the options if I decide to get Prologo over Fizik or anything else...

boysa

by boysa

This is exactly my point. When I began riding, I battled issues with saddle sores. I went through so many saddles I lost count. At the time, one retailer used to even send you a kit with a bunch of different saddles in it so you could try them out over several days. What I learned is the crux is discovering which shape works best for your physiology, i.e., flat, round, semi-round. Then you can look at each brand and see what saddle they make in that particular shape. From there, you should be left with only a few models to choose from.

Ultimately I ended up on a Scratch and haven't looked back. I spend a lot of time in the saddle, and find it works best for me. I also find the CPC version a nice step up. It certainly eliminates some of the sliding I might have felt in the past, and despite my initial concerns, haven't seen any additional wear/tear on my shorts. Which...

...is an important final point. Shorts. The other half of the equation. I feel the short/saddle combo makes or breaks the whole deal. I know plenty of guys who throw on any old shorts and have no issues whatsoever. I'm more sensitive to change, and once I have a chamois I like, I tend to stick to it. In my experience, smaller is better. Find the right combo, and you've struck gold.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I'd pay attention to width too. I tried a ton of saddles when I first started riding. Some felt better than others and stuck with them for a while. It wasn't until I tried different widths that I noticed a huge changed in comfort. Finally I could feel both of my sit bones resting on the saddle. I ended up sticking with a Romin in 155mm width.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

bombertodd wrote:I'd pay attention to width too. I tried a ton of saddles when I first started riding. Some felt better than others and stuck with them for a while. It wasn't until I tried different widths that I noticed a huge changed in comfort. Finally I could feel both of my sit bones resting on the saddle. I ended up sticking with a Romin in 155mm width.

+1

I was measured for my Specialized saddle with a gel pad you sit on. But this was ages ago. I haven't re-measured since, but Prologo has a 143 option in the Tirox rails which I might try depending on sit-bone width once I measure again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martinSL
Shop Owner

by martinSL

The fit and feel should be the pri. I used Fizik Antares for few seasons and really enjoyed this model with the exception of the rail holders getting broken (especially on the CX bikes).
I decided to try Prologo and am hooked on them. Not the lightest for sure but for me the fit and look is worth few extra grams.
I have ZERO CPC on my road bikes, ZERO II PAS on my CX rig and the hardtail MTB, Nago EVO X14 on my FS MTB, and ZERO II CPC on my TT bike. All are really great and withstand all the abuse they get. I was a bit afraid moving from a non flat Antares onto ZERO but my body actually likes it even more then a semi-round profile
----------------------------------------------
Racing and Training Cycling Tires
www.tiremaniacs.com