Ti Bike in need of a classic bend road bar - ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frohrider

by frohrider

I got my hands on a Ritchey NeoClassic - by spec not exactly what I was looking for but worth a try. Finish is nice, weight and stiffness seems good too. Need to use it on some longer rides, but the drops are long enough to support my palms and as this is a sunday bike which sees no race usage the shorter reach is acceptable.
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

I would say NeoClassic as well.
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador

Wingnut

by Wingnut

They suit the bike well...personally I found the Ritchey Classic's flexy compared to Deda.

em3

by em3

Nice bars but strange set up, especially in light of previous set up. Ur levers appear to be lower then before and actually tilted forward and set very low on the ramps. Also the whole hooks parallel to ground not only looks odd but looks potentially painful for ur wrists (again, especially compared to previous setup).

wojchiech

by wojchiech

Deda Newton Shallows are another option. Though I like how the shape of the Ritchey NeoClassics were made to have a better angle at the transition bend where the shift levers go, they aren't a true 'Italian' bend that the Deda shallows are. Plus Deda parts would complement your Campag stuff nicely.

found a nice diagram of the different Deda bends: