Ti Bike in need of a classic bend road bar - ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frohrider

by frohrider

I did build up my Lynskey R330 again and enjoy riding it a lot. As my road bar preference changed quite a bit over the years I'd like to get some inputs for classic bend road bars that would match this build. The current ones are unpleasant to the eye and don't have enough room in the drops to support my palms.

On my race bikes I use 3T Tornova LTD bars.. but with the flat top part they would look out of place on this frame. I'm looking for ~85mm reach/130mm drop.. inputs very welcome!
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

prebsy

by prebsy

A little bit off your specs but the control tech Viento CL has treat me very well, 80mm reach / 135mm drop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

frohrider wrote:On my race bikes I use 3T Tornova LTD bars.. but with the flat top part they would look out of place on this frame.

Then why not 3T Rotundo? Same bend, round tops :)

Fizik Cyrano Snake also has a nice bend with understated looks.

morrisond

by morrisond

This would be perfect - just get the matching ti stem with an extra 10mm reach then you get your length.

I would remove the logos though myself - then it would match the rear of your bike.

Link http://www.controltechbikes.com/timania.php

Fairwheel tested the stem in it's Stem test - it's quite stiff.

frohrider

by frohrider

@prebsy: the viento cl looks like a candidate - just a little on the heavy side, but very good value

@wingguy: with the flat top I meant the aero form of the cf bars, didn't notice that the 3T Tornova Pro is made out of aluminium an has a classic look. The Rotundo would result in a different transition between bars and shifters.. which might work, but I dont know it yet. The Fizik looks like it could work as well.

@morrisond: The bars are bonded (ti/cf).. might work for a frame, but for a bar? Not my first pick. The stem looks o.k. but the logos are engraved and it is only available up to 120mm and -5° (120mm/-10° currently)

I'll try to get in contact with a shop that carries 3T or Fizik and have a look at the suggested ones if possible. Thanks!
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

Ritchey WCS Neoclassic?

73 reach, 128 drop, 260g.

http://roadcyclinguk.com/reviews/ritche ... ars-review

russianbear

by russianbear

Zipp SLC (or the alu ones) traditional bend have the exact measurements you're looking for. Love mine.

smokva

by smokva

Deda deep bars are best choice for deep bars imho

nickinco

by nickinco

Second vote for Zipp traditional bend. Nice shape around the shifter clamp area and a massive flat section in the drops.

RedRacer

by RedRacer

That might be the best looking Lynskey I have ever seen - nice job!

<OT> What kind of seatpost is that?

Wingnut

by Wingnut

smokva wrote:Deda deep bars are best choice for deep bars imho

Agree...

frohrider

by frohrider

Thanks for all the Inputs - the Deda seems kind of rare these days so I might get it only online (but it isn't that expensive).

@RedRacer: Seatpost is a Ritchey Superlogic, painted and with a 6x55mm black Ti Bolt

tk2306

by tk2306

Another +1 for the zipp bars. Loved the pair I had on my old bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I have a set of Deda Deeps lying around but they are both deeper (at around 145mm) and with more reach (95mm) than you said you were looking for initially.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smokva

by smokva

Calnago wrote:I have a set of Deda Deeps lying around but they are both deeper (at around 145mm) and with more reach (95mm) than you said you were looking for initially.

Yes, but I found deep bars effectively shallower than shallow ones on modern ergo. Why? New ergo levers (I guess the same is with shimano still) are designed to be installed in a way to give flat transition to hoods. With shallow bars you can achieve it only if you rotate bars up and have lower parts of the bars under angle and not horizontal...that effectively maker drop much bigger than nominated 135mm.
With deep bars you can have flat transition to hoods and horizontal bottom part of the bars.
I tried anatomic bars and was disgusted, they are so short down that I miss an entire aero position while riding in bars holding my hands on horizontal part of the bars. With raised shallow bars at least I have enough of flat section without that stupid groove on anatomic bars.
For me compact bars are big no, those are for very small hands and girls.