Tips for replacing internally routed cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

15 minutes - I wish!

With the Ergonova bars, I found it impossible to push the cables smoothing into my Campy ergo levers and get them to fully seat because of the sharp bend. The cables don't readily slide through the bars either. (Maybe some form of carbon friendly lubricant would help?)

Finally, I took the Ergo lever off of the bar, got both cables seated into the lever and tensioned so they were held in place and then I was able to reattach the lever to the bars in the right spot. It just took lots of little troubleshooting along the way. I imagine the left side will go much faster.

I still don't like the sharp cable bends. It doesn't give me confidence for smooth shifting. I'm replacing the cables because of inconsistent rear shifting. My goal was to set up everything oh, so smoothly with no kinks in the cables, etc. but I feel like I've had to really wrestle these in to position. :-(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Got the other side done last night. It took maybe 20 minutes as I've perfected my technique. Both sides are shifting perfectly on the first try!