Cannondale CAAD 12 has landed.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidalone

by davidalone

http://pelotonmagazine.com/goods/cannon ... es-review/

internal cable routing, disc version which is LIGHTER than the rim brake version. No aero tubing though

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

"The new CAAD 12, they went with 12 because they felt it was too big a leap in performance to call it an 11, owes its gains to two technologies."

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lanternrouge

by lanternrouge

It sounds pretty cool, but one bummer is that it does not appear that Cannondale plans on offering a model with electronic transmission since for some of us who never needed it in the first place (pretty much everyone), once we have it on a bike, we don't want to get a new bike without it.

MartinR

by MartinR

A bit critical review of the new CAAD12.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/06/ ... ady_375596

20austin14

by 20austin14

Ehhh.... I purchased the 2015 caad 10 3 and this new caad 12 just doesn't really do it for me....

Think it's hilarious that they think they changed so much to call it a 12 as well :roll:

racersir

by racersir

I have a 2014 Caad Black Inc and I don't think is that big of a leap to the 12

Beancouter

by Beancouter

The CAAD12 comment about changing too much I think was made tongue in cheek - other reports have stated that it was done because 11 is used a lot in marketing to describe the gearing.

Whilst some might be disappointed in the 12, it has changed in almost every respect compared the the 10 (I am not sure any tube and/or profile is the same!!). I think the skinny fork will grow on me - just looks a bit odd compared to most current bikes. My only disappointment is the cable routing for Di2 - I prefer the CAAD10 which I think looks neater (which is what I currently ride).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luisgvasquez

by luisgvasquez

I wonder what pricing is going to look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinR

by MartinR

luisgvasquez wrote:I wonder what pricing is going to look like

+1

NealH

by NealH

A rather scathing review on Velonews.

nickinco

by nickinco

20austin14 wrote:Ehhh.... I purchased the 2015 caad 10 3 and this new caad 12 just doesn't really do it for me....

Think it's hilarious that they think they changed so much to call it a 12 as well :roll:

That awkward moment when you realize the plural of CAAD11 sounds just like a former BMC Tour winner...

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

NealH wrote:A rather scathing review on Velonews.

Yeah, that was the first time I have seen a major media source be so hard on a new bike in a very long while! Especially since it wasn't like the bike broke or was measurably heavy, or something quantifiable. He just kind of said it felt like crap, and was worse than comparably priced carbon bikes. I found that pretty funny considering that he said, "it may be light, but if felt heavy", and then generalized about carbon bikes en masse, as if there couldn't be any of those that magically feel heavier than they are.

On the one hand, it is refreshing to see someone calling it like they see it, without concern for advertising dollars, but on the other hand, it seemed kind of amateurish to paint with such broad strokes without some measurable justification for his opinions.

martinko

by martinko

nickinco wrote:
20austin14 wrote:Ehhh.... I purchased the 2015 caad 10 3 and this new caad 12 just doesn't really do it for me....

That awkward moment when you realize the plural of CAAD11 sounds just like a former BMC Tour winner...

Haha, well noticed :D

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Been really waiting for the new CAAD, surprised it's not touted "aero". Spesh's new "Allez Sprint" seems to have some of those slippery provisions, but then ... no FD clamp initially. It seems the big brands are trying really hard to artificially limit the mid-range models, as to not undercut their premium lines too much. Understandable, although disappointing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com