Indie cycling kit; who is actually making it all?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

MAAP is made by Moa.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Wonderman wrote:I heard Nalini made rapha kit but didn't believe it, Nalini kit costs so much less!!! I have a few bits from MAAP very nice kit with a very good fit, and as long as you breach the free shipping minimum order it's good value in the uk.

This is my latest purchase from them.

You do realize that you can't compare the 2 brands, and Nalini (Moa) is well known for making kits for many brands and many WT teams which are not Nalini's sponsored.

Wonderman

by Wonderman

micky wrote:
Wonderman wrote:I heard Nalini made rapha kit but didn't believe it, Nalini kit costs so much less!!! I have a few bits from MAAP very nice kit with a very good fit, and as long as you breach the free shipping minimum order it's good value in the uk.

This is my latest purchase from them.

You do realize that you can't compare the 2 brands, and Nalini (Moa) is well known for making kits for many brands and many WT teams which are not Nalini's sponsored.

Care to expand on why the two can't be compared?

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Because being made in the same factory isn't the same as being made of the same material, to the same design, or to the same QC standards. A lesson I first learned buying Asian made guitars back in the 90's.

Years ago, I worked for a factory who produced goods under their own name, as well as manufacturing for other brands and major supermarkets. There was a distinct spec sheet for each production run, dictating everything right down to the amount and quality of packaging used. I can't imagine OEM-style clothing factories are any different.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

These threads and the generalizations made are always pretty entertaining...

The bulk of the product from the small brands are asian sourced materials and either asian sublimation and or some (very few) are domestic.

There are a couple of brands that make a lot of what you're seeing from what you feel are "large well known brands"...

TexMarket make a lot of brands clothes (including a couple of the brands mentioned above as making the clothes for others). APG make a lot of other brands clothing (also including one of the brands that someone here thinks is "making" the clothes for another brand).

And... At days end, the biggest line of Bu115h!t from several of the US based small brands is "our materials(or manufacturing) are Italian".

There's a lot of crap in this thread...