Ridley Noah Sl

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Totti

by Totti

Anyone got a ride on it or have one? What's your opinion and experiences about it?

Any good/bad things about this bike is welcome.
Thanks

http://www.ridley-bikes.com/be/en/bikes ... 0-nsl-01am

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arthurf

by arthurf

Don't think they've been out long enough for many people to see one let alone test one. My lbs went to the UK Ridley launch yesterday and had a go on a Record EPS equipped one, his impression was 'nice but not ground breaking.' I think they look great though, especially the Lotto team issue frame and pleased to see they have gone with the seatstay brake rather than bb mount.

munk93

by munk93

i've had a couple of weeks on the SL 20. Decent bike, however, the Zipp wheels pulled down my experience of the bike. In my opinion, this frame would also look good, with some lighter low profile wheels. (Racing Zero, R-sys etc.)

Totti

by Totti

I also think that's a nice bike. The problem is that's a rarely bike on the roads and i don't know anybody who have one.
But the thing is , i'm not sure whether i should buy this or the Izalco Max.

What' your opinion and thoughts about it? Which is the better choice?

micky

by micky

One my friend is on the market for a new frame and was considering this model but the fact that they dont offer the Lotto color (at least that's what he has been told by a shop) and those "aero holes" pushed him away.

arthurf

by arthurf

micky wrote:One my friend is on the market for a new frame and was considering this model but the fact that they dont offer the Lotto color (at least that's what he has been told by a shop) and those "aero holes" pushed him away.

They do the lotto colour but it's on a lower end bike and not on their website. Don't think you can buy that design as a frame only

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

I have one, and I'm extremely happy about it. Light enough, VERY good handling, medium comfort, a lot of aero features, which would have been blown up in the media, had the marketing guys been american ;-) + everyday practical with normal brakes/stem/Non ISP.

Totti

by Totti

Mario Jr. wrote:I have one, and I'm extremely happy about it. Light enough, VERY good handling, medium comfort, a lot of aero features, which would have been blown up in the media, had the marketing guys been american ;-) + everyday practical with normal brakes/stem/Non ISP.

Thanks

So you would list it over the Izalo Max? What's your opinion about the Focus?

mrgray

by mrgray

Slade cycles offers the Lotto colours, albeit for the Helium. They may offer same for the Noah. Might be worth checking as I didn't find anyone else who offered the Helium in Lotto team colours. Does look fantastic. Very similar to the Saronni Colnago.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

lanternrouge

by lanternrouge

I've been riding the SL30 a bit. It is a fairly comfortable ride and the handling is sharp as opposed relaxed. In other words, it feels like a nice race bike. It's definitely worth getting if you are in the market for an aero bike and particularly don't want to deal with some of the hassles associated with integrated brakes. At least for me, even in black with red decals, it still looks pretty sexy and I already have a matte black bike.

Edenmain

by Edenmain

I enquired about a frameset only in a couple of shops, they contacted the importers (to the UK) who said they hadn't taken the option of team colours in their deals with Ridley. The bike shop said they could get one through the importer no problem but the wait would be "considerable". Not sure what that meant. Didn't follow it up at that point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Edenmain

by Edenmain

Lotto team colours is now an option in the UK for 2016