Rotor InPower on CAAD10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frohrider

by frohrider

After a long shipping odyssey my Rotor powermeter finally arrived. I got a Quarq Elsa two years ago an wanted a second powermeter since then. The Rotor InPower was spot on with my idea of a cheaper alternative to the Quarq. User serviceable, stealth appearance and support for multiple BB standards (so I can move it to my CX Bike for the winter) supported my decision to get one.

Installation was straight forward (BB30 bearing preload can be adjusted with a ring on the non drive side), pairing was easy (manual pairing with laser engraved Ant+ ID) and my first test ride (50k) didn't show any interrupt on data. I'm not used to the new metrics (Pedal smothness and Torque Efficiency).. but everything else seemed like it should be ;). The Rings probably will need some time for wearing. Shifting was ok, and the deflection on the big ring didn't seem excessive. I haven't done hard sprints yet, but I comfortable with what I saw until now.

Weights:

Crankset (533gr.)

Rings 52/36 (142.5gr.)

Rotor Bolts (10.2gr.)

Installed..

The whole bike..
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Clean looking but I have to say I like PM-specific spiders! (like SRM or P2max)

benzebub

by benzebub

nice, I've been looking into buying the Inpower but there aren't a lot of reviews.
I am interested to see how this PM holds up to the quarq and other powermeters.

are those Rotor NoQ rings?

keep us posted!
But I could be wrong

frohrider

by frohrider

are those Rotor NoQ rings?

Yes, classic round rings in 52/36 configuration.. I run 53/39 on all my other bikes - so one change at a time ;)
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

racersir

by racersir

Please keep us posted, I thought about getting the Inpower but ended up with the Garmin Vectors so I could change between my bikes but I'm still interested cause I'll probably buy another PM in a couple of months

frohrider

by frohrider

Short update - I used this bike on two training rides and a race so far. All good, no data lost, consistent update on my headunit (Garmin 510) and absolutely no interaction needed from the rider.

Training

Race

As mentioned previously the NoQ Rings don't shift as good as my PraxisWorks or Campagnolo Rings yet, but I give them some time to wear in.. perhaps they improve.

Didn't test the Rotor Software yet - that's an open task on my list.

jeffy

by jeffy

how did you find the PraxisWorks shifting vs Campagnolo Rings

frohrider

by frohrider

@jeffy: my Praxis and Campy Rings were both 59/39 so shifting in general is better than with compact or pro-compact. In my experience with a proper setup they are equal in shifting speed and quality. I have almost no signs of wear after 10k km - I would buy them again.

benzebub

by benzebub

still liking the inpower?
But I could be wrong

dereksantamonica

by dereksantamonica

Awesome. I just ordered a set this morning in 165MM, so will also post some results once assembled.

cany

by cany

A wonderful setting.

frohrider

by frohrider

still liking the inpower?

yes - it has been flawless so far and it has been a busy month for me with ~1400km. The crank is plenty stiff for my taste, no creaking or other noises so far. The Rings did improve but the drivetrain tends to be noisier than other setups if not in perfect shape (for instance when commuting with light rain in the morning, dry conditions in the afternoon).

The powermeter part works as expected - wake from sleep is instant for me, and I have never interuptions in data measurement. Below one of my longer rides..

benzebub

by benzebub

thanks for the feedback! good to hear that you are liking the InPower.

I'm going to wait 'till fall to pull the trigger but the decision will be between the InPower and Power2max with Rotor 3D+
But I could be wrong

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com