Canyon Aeroad CF SLX - Saddle Tilt Help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GenevaRider

by GenevaRider

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea how to adjust the saddle tilt angle on the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX with the factory standard S28 seatpost? I know this sounds like an idiot question (even for me) but for the life of me I can't get the rail clamp mounts on the seat post side to rotate (and yes I have loosened the saddle rail clamp bolt.) Is tilt possible with this seatpost?

Thanks,

GenevaRider

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mudrii

by mudrii

you have only one screw where you can rotate and change the angle in any angle.

micropox

by micropox

Have the same problem. Email canyon about this issue. And they just told me to use a rubber mallet to tap the inner clamp out. I tried but didnt work. Just fortunate that the saddle is already in the correct tilt.

Others i think dont have this issue. Inner rail clamp easily detached the moment you loosen the bolt

micropox

by micropox

Just want to share this. Finally managed to remove the inner cradle so i can adjust the saddle tilt.

Using bolt and nut. Cut the bolt so it will fit between the two cradle. once cut. insert the nut then place them between the 2 cradle as shown
Then use two open wrench. One to counter and hold the bolt, the other to turn the nut pushing the cradle outward. Need another pair of hand to hold the bolt in place. Slowly turn the nut. Hold on to both cradle. Less than a quarter of a turn and one of the cradle will immediately pop out.
Then use a half inch pvc pipe, tap the other one out with a rubber mallet

Stonefish71

by Stonefish71

I'm having the same issue - sounds a massive faff for such a simple operation :-/

micropox

by micropox

Stonefish71 wrote:I'm having the same issue - sounds a massive faff for such a simple operation :-/

Yup. Just sharing. It's just unfortunate that we're one of the fews who have this issues.

Vermu

by Vermu

Really odd. Mine works flawlessly. Just loosened the one bolt and could move the tilt and the saddle back and forth.
Could there be some issues in manufacturing?

kauphy

by kauphy

I have the same problem as well. I will talk to Canyon today but they really should check this before shipping a bike - I'm very surprised this problem isn't found when they install a saddle. Either that or I'm being dumb and missing something basic? But given that this thread exists, it sounds like its the former.

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

Maybe no help I know, but mine works as it should too.

Jesper64

by Jesper64

That's annoying to have to do that just to change the saddle angle. Though, at least it's probably going to stay put once you start using it.

chrisw

by chrisw

It seems as though the seat clamp fittings get stuck and don't rotate as they should. I fixed this by inserting a narrow-bladed screwdriver in between the post and the seat clamp and it popped out. Same the other side. Bit of a leap of faith, but it worked. :D Very frustrating that you should have to do this and risk damaging the post.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Loosen clamp till the saddle is only just loose (not a carbon railled one) and give it a good thump. Grease the cups once you reinstall it. Most of these type of clamp systems will have one freeze up from time to time.
Using Tapatalk

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

Hi Guys ive just bought a Canyon Aeroad 9 CF SLX and i have had the same problem with adjusting the saddle tilt, the problem is is that Canyon engineers who build the bikes put some carbon fibre paste on the clamp and as you know with that stuff it sticks carbon to carbon, so basically as one person as said on the thread put a flat headed screwdriver (on a piece of cloth to prevent marking) in-between the clamp and seat post and prize it open, worked for me.

Shrike

by Shrike

Had same problem. Punched the saddle nose and it tilted down a bit :D

markgoldstein

by markgoldstein

Just been through this process - 45 minutes of cursing and a lot of WD40...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com