Scratched Record derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xena
Banned

by xena

Or the OP could strip his bike down to nude carbon and you don't have to worry about scratches ever again.
I would love a white or pink paint job but I know it would get marks /scratches and it would " do my head in"
Nude is the way to go [ your bike I mean]
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

spud wrote:you can't replace your old SR rear Der with the new SR rear Der - they have different cable throws.
I have 2015 Record upgrading to 2015 SR is no problem.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I should gone with a matte finish as everything shows up on their hype gloss finish. I've gotten over it I just call it patina... I might get it repainted matte in the future though. I ride a lot so it happens...

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Djkinsella89 wrote:Trollololol

Or if by the slim chance the OP is serious, clean the butter of your fingers before handling your bike.
I have over 180 post to your 7 so GTHOH!

clipsed

by clipsed

BlackMadone wrote:

Or if by the slim chance the OP is serious, clean the butter of your fingers before handling your bike.

If you're so precious about a scratch on your bike take up another sport. You should see my bike after 1 year of riding/racing (15,000+ km). It's impossible to keep it scratch free if you actually ride it.

PSM

by PSM

clipsed wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:

If you're so precious about a scratch on your bike take up another sport. You should see my bike after 1 year of riding/racing (15,000+ km). It's impossible to keep it scratch free if you actually ride it.

No it is not impossible. My Colnago still looks like new after 4 years of riding. Some people can actually keep their bikes in mint condition even if you ride them alot.
Some do not.

If you crash, that's another question...

clipsed

by clipsed

PSM wrote:
clipsed wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:

No it is not impossible. My Colnago still looks like new after 4 years of riding. Some people can actually keep their bikes in mint condition even if you ride them alot.
Some do not.

That is a load of rubbish. Good luck stopping rocks flick up and hit your components/frame in races > 50kmhr. I clean and lube my bike twice a week. It's not personal maintenance i was referring to....

BRM

by BRM

clipsed wrote:If you're so precious about a scratch on your bike take up another sport. You should see my bike after 1 year of riding/racing (15,000+ km). It's impossible to keep it scratch free if you actually ride it.

People with high-end components mosttimes want to keep their bikes in good/till mint condition.
If you don't understand that, you are on the wrong forum anyway.

PSM

by PSM

BRM wrote:
clipsed wrote:If you're so precious about a scratch on your bike take up another sport. You should see my bike after 1 year of riding/racing (15,000+ km). It's impossible to keep it scratch free if you actually ride it.

People with high-end components mosttimes want to keep their bikes in good/till mint condition.
If you don't understand that, you are on the wrong forum anyway.

Word.

PSM

by PSM

clipsed wrote:
PSM wrote:
clipsed wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:

Some do not.

That is a load of rubbish. Good luck stopping rocks flick up and hit your components/frame in races > 50kmhr. I clean and lube my bike twice a week. It's not personal maintenance i was referring to....

Do you want some pictures?

pdmtong

by pdmtong

please post a picture.
bikes fall over, scratches, while ugly, happen.

if it really bothers you, then buy a new RD but at some point, that is an expensive solution to get past a mental hurdle.

usually, these things look worse the first few weeks. then you get used to them.

if you cant get past that, then a picture would allow us to "vote" to spend YOUR money for replace, or offer substantive aesthetic repair suggestions.

the feedback rakk is great, but requires tires inflated to pressure to work best. otherwise consider this type
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/e ... -prod32890

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I leaned it on a short wall and this happened.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Both can be fixed by a competent painter. Simple Easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

Are the scratches on the seatstay from the wall or did the bike tip over? The scratches look like they are in the clear coat only. I would think an auto body shop might be able to touch up and buff those out. The derailleur I would just get some touch up clear coat and be done with it.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.