What's in your Tubular repair kit - compared to you Clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eurperg

by eurperg

- Crank Brothers Power Mini pump
- 2oz bottle of NoTubes sealant
- Tiny valve core remover taped to the bottle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

For tubulars I carry Vittoria Pit Stop (which doesn't require a valve core removal tool) and two CO2 carts and inflator. The Pit Stop doesn't quite get the tire up to pressure alone, but it worked for me the one time I needed it. No repair kit as I am too old for that ripping and sewing BS whether out on the road or at home. (And you know, if you have expensive tubulars, it is worthwhile to send them away for a professional tube replacement when needed. $25-40) I was carrying a spare tire, but decided it just wasn't worth it. I can make the call and feel no shame. For clinchers I carry two tubes, three CO2 carts and the inflator, VAR tire levers/jack, and patch kit.
Robert

beatle

by beatle

Two CO2 carts, two self adhesive tube patches, superglue. I run Orange Seal and in the event that a hole is too big to seal, I let the tire air down, apply superglue to the hole, put tube patch on hole, rotate the hole to 6 o'clock, add a bit of CO2 to push sealant into the hole, wait, air up, roll away.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I use a good hand pump, a small bottle of stans, a core tool, a Small length of rubber tube, a tube of loctite rubberised super glue and $50 :wink:

jorisee01

by jorisee01

2x CO2
1 bottle of caffelatex (100ml)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newforker

by newforker

Vittoria Pitstop and Co2 in my pocket and a bundled up tubular under my saddle.

Spare tubular already has a longer valve stem installed, but I still do bring a valve tool just in case (bundled inside the bundled tubular, of course)...

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

I don't find that modern saddle and seatpost combinations allow room for a spare tubular under the saddle. I know some of you guys still do it, but I don't know how.
Robert

newforker

by newforker

I use an old toe strap that I loop around the saddle rails..Aero post and Power saddle..

KarlC

by KarlC

sugarkane wrote:I use a good hand pump, a small bottle of stans, a core tool, a Small length of rubber tube, a tube of loctite rubberised super glue and $50 :wink:

What Loctite rubberised super glue are you using ? Do you have a photo of it or a model number ?

Thx
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

To all you cyclist that carry a pre-glued spare tubular tire.......do you mount it directly to the rim after the flat tubular is removed?? Do you add anymore glue?? If no, does it hold OK?

perwjensen

by perwjensen

Lezyne pump, Vittoria pitt stop, and uber installed on my phone.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Carry small bottle of sealant and super glue along with a hand pump. Long rides tire strapped to the saddle.

kervelo

by kervelo

Some people tell that they do not carry any kit for punctures, just some cash for the taxi. Does that mean they will abandon their ride in case of a puncture? :shock:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

newforker wrote:I use an old toe strap that I loop around the saddle rails..Aero post and Power saddle..

Would be cool if you could fit a tub in this.

https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/ac ... dit/105618
Using Tapatalk

sungod

by sungod

mnmasotto wrote:To all you cyclist that carry a pre-glued spare tubular tire.......do you mount it directly to the rim after the flat tubular is removed?? Do you add anymore glue?? If no, does it hold OK?

remove old tub, mount spare, inflate, ride

it holds ok, but i do no heroic braking/cornering with the spare

i find how well it holds depends on how old the glue on rim and spare are, the fresher the better, i usually put a new coat on the spare every year or so

i get many wet rides so keep it in a ziploc bag to stop it getting wet from rain/sweat (pump/tub/etc. all live in the middle pocket of the jersey)

once home i take off the spare and glue one on properly ready for tomorrow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com